Cat Murderers - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Cat Murderers

It bears repeating, THIS is why I keep my cats inside.

This is happening in my neck of the woods. It isn't the first time. Won't be the last.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/mutilated.cats ... 64055.html

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Evil. Non-human. Like serial killers - EVIL.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Can you believe kids are capable of this? I'm truly scared for our countries future.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Cat

Ditto... it's one of the many reasons my cats are indoors only, or go outdoors either in their enclosure or on a harness and leash, always supervised. Two of my three cats are solid black. There is a reason that some shelters/rescues in my area have a policy to not adopt out any black cats during the month of October. As sick as that is, it happens, and there is NO WAY I would ever risk anything happening to my babies.

Andi
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 AM

That's utterly disgusting, especially because it probably had a collar on and was known to be a pet (I might be wrong, but I skimmed the article since I coudn't read for too long).

This sounds horrible, but some people are better off dead. I personally would not mind if they got a dose of exactly the same medicine, but that's just my bitter/cruel side talking. ;P
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by talullah
Evil. Non-human. Like serial killers - EVIL.
Yes they are evil. The people doing this are future serial killers. How has our society failed, to have produced children who can murder these poor little innocents for amusement?
It leaves me speechless with horror and anger.

Things like this are why I am always with Arianwen on her outdoor adventures, and why Arianwen was inside on July 4th.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Banned

Just awful. The mentality of these people is beyond me.

Sadly, such monsters have been known to live in the UK too. Below is a recent high profile case.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 209997.ece
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Cool Cat

seeing "mutilated cats" in the link was enough for me. (ill have nightmares if i actually read that now, just before bed).

But, i agree with you. things like this are why mine are inside too!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 AM

Being only 19 myself (only a year out of high school), I'm a bit offended that the news and police went right to blaming 'teenage cults'. I was, in school, one of those kids that got blamed for stuff like that (not personally, but lumped in with that group).
Maybe it really does happen like that elsewhere, but around here it always ends up being an adult, much like the guy that used to go into pet stores and buy baby guinea pigs and bunnies to torment then feed to his snake.

This also bothers me somewhat:
Quote:
Wertheimer says she understands pets are not humans, but says Lucy was still loved, and will be missed and grieved over.
That seems a bit condescending and insensitive.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 AM

Sometimes we have to word things so it's understandable to others that might not be "cat people". (or dog people, etc.) Not everyone thinks like us! JMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page