My Kitty...sick again...but getting better - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My Kitty...sick again...but getting better

That was annoying! I just typed a super long post and then accidentally went back a page and lost the whole thing! I hate when backspace does that!

My old Kitty (almost 15 now) was sick again this week. It's the anniversary of the last time she had this kind of sickness. With her grapefruit sized liver cyst...it's not suprising that she periodically gets sick. They're always suprised that she is still eating...her stomach is totally squished. She's lived with the cyst for...2.5 years. My girl is determined! She's still got living to do...naps to take...birds to watch...

Anyway, no eating for her on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Wednesday, we pilled her thyroid meds and pepcid and force fed. She puked green stuff. Force fed every couple of hours all night on Wed night.

Thursday morning...off to the vet. Very anemic (worried that she had internal bleeding). But, her CBC, liver, and kidney function were all normal.

Sent us home with instructions on how to give Sub-Q fluids. my3babies made me do it all myself. I had to hold my poor girl down and stick her with the needle. m3b wanted to make sure I could do it when she wasn't here.

Later in the day on Thursday...Kitty ate some dry food!!!!! I was so happy, I cried. Of course, to make it up to me, she puked it up in my bed later. Thanks girl. Yesterday though, she ate about half her wet food...no dry as far as I can tell (which is weird because she loves dry and hates wet...but, whatever). I also offered her some Sheba yesterday evening. She licked all the gravy off...I was happy to see that. Does anyone know...Sheba isn't a complete meal...right? I really don't care what she eats right now....so long as she eats! No puking yesterday at all!

This morning, she was hungry. She ate some dry food while she waited for breakfast. I offered her some Fancy Feast, in addition to her usual Wellness. She liked the gravy on the feast. We'll see if she eats any Wellness. She's acting totally normal now! Although her stomach is making some suspicious gurgling noises...hope it stays down!

So...I'm supposed to give her more fluids today. But I think I'll just check her hydration level and hope she's hydrated (I don't want to do that to her again). If she's not...I'll do it...but I won't like it.

I'm just so relieved that she seems to be feeling better. I think she stopped eating because she was stressed about me being out of town last weekend (despite the live-in catsitter). Once she stopped eating, I'm guessing that she started feeling nauseas (sp?) and didn't want anything to eat or drink...which only made her feel worse.

Every time she goes into a decline, I'm so sure that this is it. I'm going to lose my baby, my girl. The first cat I ever fell in love with. She's lived with me in every home I've had as an adult. We've moved 4 times together. We were alone for a lot of years (before Thomas came along). I hope I have many more years with her. I think she just likes to remind me how much she means to me periodically. It's so dumb but sometimes, I sit in bed with her, away from the other cats and sing to her..."My Girl".

Anyway, it's been a traumatic week. But I think we've turned a corner and I just wanted to share. Thanks for letting me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Premier Cat

Poor you and Kitty, sure sounds like you're both going through a lot for each other, but still doing your best, too. I smiled when I read about you singing to her. I sing "Louie, Louie" to LuckyDuck, whom I call Lucky Lou. I also used to sing "Bring back my Bonnie to me" to my Bonnie kitty that I lost to an esophegal growth in California.
I think it is neat how I associate some songs with certain cats. And neat that other people do it, too.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:56 PM

Bless your heart hon. I'm pulling fo you and Kitty. Hoping for ALL good things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page