Freeway - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Freeway

Havent given an update on Freeway for a while......

He has now fully settled in and a true house cat .. still petrified of the dogs tho .. but that will take time ....

BUT .... I couldnt undertand why he suddenly started causing havoc with my other cats .... as a stray he was fine .... but I noticed last week as soon as they saw him they would scatter???

Saturday he started to venture into the sitting room ... and found my lap .. and generally made a royal pain in the butt of himself ... very affectionate , and then I saw why the other cats were scattering.

Freeway is probably about 4 years old .. a large boy but has found his kittenish streak and is now playing like a 3 month old kitten .... and of course he wants to play with the other cats who cant understand this huge kitty pouncing on them etc ....and is wrecking the house in the process.

So I play with the silly fool every night and have bought him toys which he goes nuts over , Im hoping a very strenous playtime very night will help.

He also still has his "male" urges its only being about 2 months since he was neutered . so I have a very confused kitty on my hands .

I have never dealt with this type of boycat before .. any ideas?????

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Premier Cat

I have read that male cats' hormones go into overdrive after a mature kitty has been neutered. That may be why your Freeway is playing like a kitten, because he feels like a kitten again, with temporarily higher effective hormone levels.
Another thing that may be going on is that he's happy for the changes you've made in his life, and just overflowing with joy.

All I can suggest is to be patient and wait it out. He'll settle down.
Try setting up a scheduled "play time" for him, and see how that works. He might get used to playing during a certain set time.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Another thing that may be going on is that he's happy for the changes you've made in his life, and just overflowing with joy.
yes overflowing up my curtains too

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page