Bath Time - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Bath Time

Jove and Eros (who I have learned their human society names are Kobi and Kito) smell horrible. Not only that little Jove/Kobi despite having a less then lovely haircut on his bum given by me a few days ago is still getting less then lovely items stuck back there. Both need a bath as they've had the runs. But what do I bathe them with? I've never bathed a cat before and on dogs have always used Sunlight dishsoap which works just as well if not better then most shampoos I've tried. Should I go out and find a kitten shampoo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM

i just tape one side of my shower curtain so hes only got one side to get out on ...and hes gotta go thru me... hes a big tabby too..12lbs. i just run a low depth warm bath for him and wrap a small ziplock bag with a hole punched out around his head so he doesnt get any water in his ears. i wait until the water level is about an inch then put him in cause chances are hes guna freak if you put him in anything deeper. i just let the water run and rise and slowly rinse him to show its ok. i duno about dishsoap i just use regular kitten shampoo you can get at petsmart.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Premier Cat

We take ours to groomers to do when they are skruffy and smelly.

We cut hair around the butt if the kittens is having the runs too. Makes it easier and more sanitary. Hope it is resolved quickly with your babies. They can go downhill so fast because of it. I would definitely use a shampo for cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Cat Addict

You might not need a 'kitten' shampoo, but a cat one definitely, since they do a lot of self-cleaning after a bath and you wouldn't want them to ingest anything they shouldn't. If your kittens are still pretty young, they won't mind it too much - lot of noise, but then it's over!

Gracie gets bathed about every ten days with a cat shampoo because hubby is allergic, it helps a lot. She likes being bundled in a giant towel and gently tamped dry, especially if I spritz the towel with Feliway .

Fran
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 PM

I have found the earlier you get them in the bath habit,The better-They won't like later but the probaly won't freik either.Also, put a warm towl on the Toilet seat or other immediate place so you can quickly wrap him up and dry.I also talk to mine and tell them the more you squirm and and complain, the longer it will take. I use Zodiac from Pet-Co-it seems to work well in cats and dogs.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Alrighty, figured they'd need something different then a dog lol.
And since they are 7 weeks old they aren't big enough to say no.
I'll give it a shot then, thanks for the help.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Premier Cat

Lisa, be sure to have this one really essential piece of equipment with you when you bathe the kittens - a camera!
You can put it in a ziplock bag to keep it dry.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
You can use dawn dish soap the original kind. It will kill the fleas and smell. I use kitten soap with oatmeal in it. I just bathe them with no problem in the kitchen since
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page