Heart broken right now and need to vent - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Heart broken right now and need to vent

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=50882

I love my mother but I really don't know how I'll be able to ever forgive her for this one-I am being forced to 'get rid of her' AKA put her down-This poor old girl who hangs out in my room, who is getting over her health problem and gaining weight, who sleeps on my chest and 'grooms' my hair every night because 'my room will stink'-It does not.

My mother knows how i feel, how it will kill me-but I am 'heartless' not to 'consider her feelings' I could mabey understand if the kitty was an unfixed male I was keeping in my room but for Gods sakes...she is old, fixed and feeble! I really hoped/thought mother would show some compassion to both me and the cat...Guess i was wrong. At least Sara spent her last weeks comfortable with someone who loves her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

So what's it got to do with her? I'm guessing you live in the same place right?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Cool Cat

Wait! Why is this "putting her down" instead of rehoming? Either way, I'm very sorry =\

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

I have tried to 'rehome' -called the rescue places, asked nearly every one at work, asked the vet for help...nothing has worked out not many people want a nine year old cat with health issues and who will need work on her teeth at some point.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:52 PM

Tell your mom that you didn't know it was okay to kill someone when just because they're old and may need extra care. Then ask your mom who she thinks will be caring for her when she gets old.

But really, is there anybody you know who could take the kitty? Any rescue organizations?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Every body is either full up or never calls back.I though a couple would be willing to take her but they came back the next day and said they had changed there minds

Quote:
Tell your mom that you didn't know it was okay to kill someone when just because they're old and may need extra care. Then ask your mom who she thinks will be caring for her when she gets old.
That's just it-She dosen't care about kitty needing extra care or her being old-She knows I am capable of giving the cat whatever she needs. she is stuck on the idea my room will stink-drives me nuts!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
How old are you if you dont mind me asking? Could you drive by the rescues and ask? Sometimes its better to ask in person then to call, they cant blow you off if you ask in person
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior Cat

The room won't stink if you keep things clean.

Jeez, my mother played that game with me when I lived at home. Only it was about a dwarf hamster. In the end I said "I don't care, your money won't be taking care of it mine will, the room won't smell badly if I keep things clean, you have no reason to go into my room and if my door is shut you won't have to look at it nor smell it. I'm not asking you to like it or love it, I got it for myself not for you."

And that was the end of that. Though I understand that not everyone can say that to their mothers.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

Poor cat and poor you. What a horrible situation
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

I am old enough, but don't have a car at the moment .And people are literally dumping animals out side shelters/rescue places around here because of the lack of room...

Quote:
Jeez, my mother played that game with me when I lived at home. Only it was about a dwarf hamster. In the end I said "I don't care, your money won't be taking care of it mine will, the room won't smell badly if I keep things clean, you have no reason to go into my room and if my door is shut you won't have to look at it nor smell it. I'm not asking you to like it or love it, I got it for myself not for you."
...But she won't see reason because she dosen't want to. My room is clean but it could be on a mgazine cover and she would still be stuck on this Idea IE 'the cat carrier is on the floor, this room is so filthy'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page