Responce to Pet Finder Add-Legit? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Responce to Pet Finder Add-Legit?

What do I look for In Pet finder responce? Here are the two i got for My found kitty Sara....

Hello, how are you doing and your pet? Am --by name and i was able to came across your advert today concerning the pet adoption you posted for sale on www.petfinder.com. i am much interest in re_ homing your pet as a companion, i and my family will love to give your pet a loving home and not only a lovely home, also as a member of the family which means the pet will be treated like our child.
i reside in VIRGINI-- with my wife and two kids one is 14yrs old and the other is 11yrs old ,we will love to adopt your pet as an indoor family pet and we love pet so much than any other thing on earth ,so please let me know the last asking price and i will love to view the pics if available.
payment will be made before shippment and i have a shipping company that are capable and experts in animal shipping, they will be the one that will handle the shipping . although am suppose to come pickup the pet my self but i couldint due to my work schedule but dont be bothered about the shipping of this pet because this company deals with transporting of live pets across the coast which i have been a witness of, moreso my mode of payment will be in a cashiers check or money order which will include the cost of the pet along with the shipping fees and the payment will be brought to your door by a courier service like ups,dhl,fedex or usps.
you can get a hold of this shipping company for more information concerning their shipping service at [email protected] and they made it known to me that the pet will be pickedup right at your door step with out you streesing your self , a vet check will be carried out on the pickup day by the shipers vet doctor. this week is my payday and i will like to get the payment sent to you as soon as we can conclude on this adoption i will inform my boss to issued the check in your name, i look forward to hear from you in giving this pet the best home , i await your quick response if you are seroious . thanks

Hello,
My name is --and my wife --was able to
came across your advert today concerning the pet adoption you posted for
sale on Petfinder.com and i am much interest in re_ homing your pet at
a companion and also a member of my family, because i have passion and
care for pet.i spent much of my time taking care of my lost pet and i
lost her on my way taking her to vet clinic for neuture, since then live
has been unbearable for my family expecially mydaughter who care for
pet more that anything she does.
I'm a christain and i live in --US and My house
was wood fenced and 8.87fts high, i have enough garden in my premises
where the pet can roam about.. i have 2 daughters and a son.
i will appreciate it if you can assure me 100% that you will be able to
let me re-home yours in replacement of my lost one.i dont know how
happy my daughter -- and her brother mark will be to see another pet
in replacement.You dont
have to long for how to ship the pet.i will handle that my self with
care. so i want you to get back to me with the adoption fees, present
health condition, price, and pictures if available for more satisfaction.
P.S: After getting to a better compromise, i will be paying with a
check in us dollars and i'll instruct my TRUSTEE in the state to issue a
check on your behalf which will include the price of the pet.you need to
get all this info to me as well as to issue the check as soon as
possible.
Name to be written on th e certified American check;
Home address ,
Phone Number;
City;
Zip Code;
State;
plz get back to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Senior Cat

It's a scam. Don't reply to it.
This was posted on the dog forum I'm on. Almost the same wording except that the person on the dog forum had posted an ad for selling her boat on cragslist and you posted on petfinder for a cat. Just replace cat with boat and it's the same reply they got.

Also when you do get an actual reply for your kitty please please PLEASE be sure to get the possible new family's contacts and do a home check. If they don't agree with this don't give them the cat. I've seen more then one rehoming turn sour becasue they didn't get contact info(full names, phone number etc) or do a home check only later to email them about the pet and how its going and get a reply that they had never adopted a pet from the person.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Kinda thought so. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to JewelFilly
I also received these emails when I was selling my horse. It's a scam don't reply. If at all possible you should report it. Good luck re-homing your kitty!

Jess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Cool Cat

Look for replies that actually mention your pet's name and ask questions about his temperament, age and that sort of stuff. You will get a lot of scam replies but don't get discouraged!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned

"I'm a christain"
Mind you even if they'd spelt it right, I would be wary. Who cares about their religion? They're adopting a cat, not applying for Bible College.
The terrible English, the repeated phrases, the fact they both say "the pet" instead of the cat's name and general poor writing suggests it's a scam from both.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with the posts above. They never once mention your actual pet's name or that it is even a cat!

Very much a scam.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Cool Cat

~shiver~ Those are scary Really scary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Premier Cat

Yeah, that has scam written all over it. My boyfriend is a DJ on the side and gets that type of response all the time. It goes like this (and this could be true wherever payment is involved): They FedEx you a check which is -- oooopppppsss! -- higher than the amount they were supposed to send. They ask you to return the difference. You deposit the check, send them the difference, and then their check bounces. Your check to them was good, but theirs to you wasn't. Happens all the time. And the reason they send it via FedEx is because it would be a crime to do through the U.S. Mail, but they can get away with it on FedEx.

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Cat

Both of those ads are scary, and I might add whoever wrote them needs to go back to 4th grade and learn proper English LOL! Still, they were both very impersonal and immediately had my guard up, even though I'm not the person trying to find a forever-home for a cat. Sounded like they were trying to ship a piece of furniture across the country, not a living animal. No go.....!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page