messy food bowls! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

messy food bowls!

can you fine folks suggest anything to make my life easier - and Charlee's healthier.

Since her operation for a bladder stone, she has been on a Hill's c/d wet diet. She likes it, but doesn't LOVE it. She always leaves enough behind that it dries there and I have to throw it out. The problem is that this food stinks and unless I wash bowl after bowl after bowl, she will be eating out of MY bowls I rinse and put them in the dishwasher, but then the food gets into the drain pipe and smells.

What does everyone do regarding food bowls? Do you all use more than one at a time? (water, wet and dry?) Is there such a thing as an "old food genie"? What about disposable food containers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Cool Cat

Re: messy food bowls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
What does everyone do regarding food bowls? Do you all use more than one at a time? (water, wet and dry?) Is there such a thing as an "old food genie"? What about disposable food containers?
Disposed
Organic
Goods
Swallowers

DOGS are the miracle created to fill the place of an "old food genie". You can purchase one anywhere, find them for free in hordes in the newspaper, and 100% of the cost to you goes to bettering the life of one animal, and possibly anyone it comes in contact with. I have one myself, it's very useful for eating any food the cat won't touch. Or any foods I won't touch. Or any foods a goat wouldn't touch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

I have 2 sets of cat food dishes, one is usually soaking the crud off in the sink while the other is in use. A little hot water, soap and about 10 minutes will loosen it all up and washing by hand is a snap. Although I admit to usually leaving them for hours....which makes it even easier . I do have a garbage disposal so what goes down doesn't stink (unless I forget to run it). If you don't have one, just put something in the drain to strain out the big particles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Cat

How about going to a thrift store and getting several bowls/plates to be used just for the cats?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Banned

she does that... It just she has the problem of her cat leaving food in all the bowls, so she runs out of bowls.

Pegs NEVER eats every last bit, so we have to scrape out the lefovers into a separate polly bag other wise the bin stinks. The binmen only come once a fortnight now, so it's a problem.

[email protected] TQ's suggestion
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Cat Addict

you can get paper bowls pretty cheap. I keep some on hand for salads at work. or you could even try feeding her on a paper towel.

-steve

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Cat

I scoop out the wasted food, put it in a separate freezer bag (Zip-Lok or similar) and throw it in the bin.

I wash all the cat bowls by hand, and I have to do it twice a day, but it only takes about 5 mins to do everything (scoop wash and refill)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~
What about throw away bowls for the wet? I don't use them but the shelter I volunteer at does. No cleaning required
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

still have the problem of the smell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page