Nora is missing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Nora is missing

I've had her for a bit over two months, and she hasn't shown the slightest interest in being outside or away from me, Matt and Tank.
I saw her this morning at breakfast, and I haven't heard or seen her since. My roomies went out once today, and they're really careful about watching for cats and shutting doors properly, so I don't see how they could've missed her.
I have a really small house too--only 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, the living room and the kitchen. She won't enter the room where I keep the rats and other small mammals (she's afraid of them), and furniture is scarce everywhere else.

What are some of the weird places you've found your cats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 01:23 AM

One time I lost Toby...under my bed. The thing that holds my mattress's up, he found a hole in the cloth that covered the wood part at the bottom of my bed...it's hard to explain, I hope you understand though.
But it was a really strange place for him to be, so make sure you check everywhere in your house, even places you wouldn't think to check. Maybe she's just off sleeping somewhere.
Goodluck on finding her!
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

I've accidently closed three of my cats in my closet at one time or another. They're stealth kitties when they want to be. You don't see or hear them. All four cats go up under my bed, too.

I've looked high and low for Cinderella before and I've walked into the living room to find her sitting in the middle of the room. I have no idea to this day where she hides.

Good luck! Is there a favorite treat that he knows the sound of? Maybe shaking the can or opening a plastic lid would bring him out of hiding.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

My kitties both wear bells, and I'm pretty stealthy myself. There isn't really a treat or sound she comes running for either.

I so hate people right now... some ********* just called and said he had her and hung up on me. Restricted number, how convenient.

Edit/Jeanie
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I've looked high and low for Cinderella before and I've walked into the living room to find her sitting in the middle of the room. I have no idea to this day where she hides.
this hapened with simba before, a few times. still have no idea where he was. lol.

the closet thing has happened before too. i felt so bad! Boo found her way in there & my mom didnt know & shut the door! But, it was winter, and that closet is against the outside walls and isnt insulated. i heard this very faint noise.. i almost thought i was loosing it! But, luckily she made noise enough that i found her. She felt so chilly though! I just had to hug her & warm her up!

Hopefully you find where she is - i couldnt imagine going all day not knowing, let alone a number of days!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Premier Cat

Prayers for you and Nora, Bandit_X!
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Premier Cat

My kitties have places in the house where they disappear and then after I have been calling them and all frantic they just appear- just like Marie's Cinderella.

Many paws crossed that Nora appears soon.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Cool Cat

Perhaps it was a cell phone and the battery died.... Hopefully.

You can call the police and report the call. They do have the ability to trace the call, even if it restricted - It's only restricted for the recipients. No telling if they will act though.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

i hope she comes back soon!!!

keep us posted
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

I've called the SPCA and filed a report, scoured the area at least 12 times since my first post, tried to ask neighbors (they don't like talking to each other for some reason...) and prayed very hard and had dream after dream that I go outside and she pops out of a bush or something...

Tank keeps walking around looking in all her spots and crying. Here I thought he didn't really like other cats. Even my demon dog Bear is behaving today...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page