How to celebrate a cats bday? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

How to celebrate a cats bday?

Sophie and Ollie's "birthday" is tomorrow! Of course I don't really know their bday but I took a guess the day I got them according to how old they appeared to be. They are not siblings either but must have been born right around the same time so I figured they could share the day.

ANYWAYS!! I want to do something special for them for their bday. Maybe give them a special meal... I'm sure you guys have ideas! I thought about making them some real chicken or something but don't know the first thing about preparing that for a cat. For me, yes. For a cat, no.

What do you suggest?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Cat

Tuna! Cats love it! Or buy them some kitty treats? Or new toys?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

It's weird cause the other day I ran out of wet food which I give them every morning and I felt bad... so I gave them some tuna. And guess what?? THEY wasted it. They didnt even want it. What spoiled rotten brats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Cool Cat

I had a cat (Major Thunderpussy) whose absolute favorite treat was butterscotch pudding. For his birthday, I always made enough pudding for everyone. I cleaned "pudding" from the litterboxes for the next two days, but hey, it was worth it to see ol' Major's face smeared with his bestest treat.

This year I bought a ton (about 25) of those cheap (3/$1) soft cat balls and several other on-sale cheap cat toys, put them in the bag with the 30-40 cat toys "we" already have, and one by one, quickly threw ALL the toys all over the living room and kitchen. It was a blast! Just as someone would pounce on a toy, another toy would go flying somewhere else. I had cats sliding into walls, colliding with each other, and it took them quite a while to calm down. Who needs cable?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Premier Cat

My kitteh's favorites are the cheapo little 'nip filled cloth pouch toys and, of all things, a funky little scrap of shoestring from the yard.

Arianwen gets two celebrations -

Her "gotcha day", her adoption anniversary, a few weeks ago
Her "birthday guesstimate day" coming up around the end of September

Ah, any excuse for a party with my favorite Kitta!
She gets extra treats, extra outside time, extra play time, extra pettings, and extra nip toys for her two big days!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Cat Addict

Ideas for kitty B'day:

- freshly opened can of a favorite flavor of food

- birthday card rubbed with catnip for fun photo opportunities!

- new cheap toys or one new fancy toy if you can find one of the 'tried and true' ones that your kitty doesn't have yet (Da Bird, Cat Dancer, etc.)

Have fun! Post pictures! Happy early Birthday to the two-some!

Fran
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Cool Cat

Stay home with them all day and love them extra lots & play with them all their favorite ways Be aaaaaall theirs for a day.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thanks for the ideas!! I think I will take a little from each and just try to make them happy today. They are eating their morning wet food right now, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. So I think I will stop by the store and pick up something special later today. But mostly I will give them all my attention. The card idea is funny. I just might do that

PS: My bf had to leave early this morning for a presentation so I was all alone feeding them and I sang them Happy Birthday. I felt kinda stupid and their looks at me sort of confirmed that, but HEY! They are like my children. I love them...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page