I know I should be grateful, but..... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I know I should be grateful, but.....

When I brought my ladies in to the vet today, the groomer saw me and asked if I was getting their nails clipped, too. I answered that I was told she was too busy today, but she said that she could do them. We were talking while I was waiting for my appointment and when she asked about work, I told her I had been laid off. She said she'd do the nails for free (saving me a total of $64!!!).

But she cut the quick on one of Cleo's nails. Wow, that was a lot of blood, I almost fainted. Do I have to watch for infection? It was on one of her back nails. She put some stuff on it to make it stop bleeding, but that was it.

Oh, and I can't find Cinderella. Anywhere. She has to be in the house, but I've looked high and low and I finally went without her. Brat!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Oh, I'm sorry. The girl cut into the quick, obviously. We have to be careful to cut only the sharp tip, as the pressure of the clippers causes pain, even if we're not close to the quick.

I imagine Cinderella read your mind, and thought she would avoid the trip at all cost. It always frightens me when I can't find one of mine, even though I know she's just under a couch or behind something. Have you checked the closets? Cupboards?

The receptionist probably used a styptic pencil or powder. That would stop the bleeding. Men who use non-electric razors use them for nicks. I doubt there will be infection, since Cleo bled so much, poor baby.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It was the groomer who cut the quick, not the receptionist, sorry. She did use styptic powder on it. It did stop the bleeding.

I've looked everywhere for Cinderella. I even pulled out the furniture and looked behind it. All the screens are intact, and I closed my bedroom door so she wouldn't run under the bed. She hasn't eaten all day. I didn't feed her this morning in case the vet wanted to draw blood for any reason.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Cat

$64? Are they insane? I get my cat bathed, nail trimmed, and shaved for $55. I do my own cats nails at home though. Not always, just when I remember. Cats aren't like dogs and don't really need nail trims. But sorry to hear about your kitty! Just keep an eye on it, but it should heal pretty quick.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

Awww. Poor Cleo I hope you find Cinderella soon too. Give her a love from me when you do. Cats are soooo good at hiding in little corners
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

Hope Cleo gets over the shock, and forgives you and the groomer
Obviously really hoping that Cinderella is just hiding somewhere to leap out at you.
I'm keeping everthing crossed and Pegs is keeping her toes crossed.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving_My_Cats
$64? Are they insane?
That's for all four cats. $16 each. I think grooming, with the nails, bath, ear and bum cleaning, is $45.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Premier Cat

Poor Miss Cleo. I hope she feels better soon.

Come out, come out where ever you are Miss Cinderella.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Premier Cat

Marie,

Sorry things were so caotic today, and that poor baby Cleo! I hope she isn't to upset, and that she'll be just fine. Just give her some extra hugs and treats, and let her know you are sorry.

And now Miss Cinderella! You get your little butt out where mommy can see you! I hope you find her soon! She has found one doozy of a hiding spot for sure! Sending good thoughts that everything will be fine soon!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cleo's being really sweet and closer to me than usual. My girls were so good. The twins got their shots. Cleo needs a dental cleaning SOON, serious gingivitis and plaque, and Charlee will in 6-12 months. She has a little plaque and gingivitis.

Cinderella has appeared! I opened up a can of 9 Lives Tuna (smells just like people tuna) in the girls' room and waited. Nothing. Opened up the door and the twins rushed in. Took the dish back out to get the twins out, went back in. There was Cinderella in the middle of the room.

BRAT!!!

And I still have no idea where she was hiding.

But I've never been happier to see her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page