My black eye and Mangos' new friend *update* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My black eye and Mangos' new friend *update*

This is a long one. Let me say, when I moved to Florida a year ago, I moved into a brand new house with brand new houses around me. I have great backyard neighbors that own a new house. There are vacant lots on both sides of me and then two lots away on either side there are two new houses never lived and are vacant. No garbage around at all. Okay, here is where I am going with this. The other afternoon, looking out at our backyard neighbors yard, there was a rat. It was sitting on his lava rock around his palm tree. He came up to it with a broom, but it didnt run. He hit it with the broom a few times and the rat scurried off at a slow pace. I called the exterminators and we figured out it had to be diseased to be out during the day and not be afraid of us. I was so grossed out! I have NEVER had rats anywhere near any of the houses I ever lived in. I was worried about Mango, I was afraid this rat or any other might find their way into our pool cage. Mango always goes out there at night. I was afraid they would get him.
Okay, the next morning, it was still dark, I let Mango out to the pool cage and left the slider open a little and came into the computer room. I thought I heard him calling me to find me and I called to him. He started yelling and making awfull noises and I thought the rat had got him. I ran into the family room hitting every light switch possible trying to find the one on the lanai in a panic thinking he was a gonner! I found the switch, turned on the light and proceeded to run out onto the lanai, but one problem, the slider wasn't all the way open and I hit the door, got knocked back about 4 feet and now I have a black eye. When I gained my senses, I opened the door and found Mango. No rats here! Just a black cat by the door talking to Mango, but Mango was telling that cat off! I was so sure the rat had gotten him! My head still hurts! Well, this morning during daylight hours Mango's friend came back and Mango was more acceptive and didn't go into a tirade this time. This little cat just sat on the other side of the door and they looked at each other. Here are some pictures of the meeting. I still hate rats and now I will have to make sure to keep them from getting into my house.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks - I needed a laugh!

Glad Mango made a new friend.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Cool Cat

Two cats would be more protection against the rats....... just sayin'.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The little one can visit, but not live here. There is only room for Mango It is so cute though! It just meows at Mango, talking to him , asking him to come out and play! I tried to go out and talk to it but it ran away. Such a cutie!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Banned

heh, bet the little darling doesn't know what damage he caused.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Premier Cat

How sweet that Mango has a little friend.

I hope your friend feels better soon.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie

Do you mean that I feel better? My eye is still black!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy96444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie

Do you mean that I feel better? My eye is still black!
Oh, we don't care about you, as long as the cats OK

Seriously though. maybe the newcomer could be handy to have around and keep those rats at bay? Like an outside "guard cat" eh?

Mick.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It's 9 pm on Friday and Mangos friend is back. He/she is sitting in their spot by the door visiting with Mango! This is so cute. This cat seems to really like Mango. Maybe it will be the rat hunter for me!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Premier Cat

I really was thinking about you, really, truly, honestly, I promise!!!!!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page