Discipline trouble - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Discipline trouble

Freeway as we know is a "bit" of a hooligan .... im also beginning to suspect that he isnt going to grow out of this behaviour as the lad is an adult .... and our office cat age 7 is just as bad.....

So I need to investigate deeper ......

ADD, ADHD ??? are possibilities as are a mispent youth ..... it cant be diet , I seriously doubt there is sugar, tartrazine and msg in his foodies.

A child psychologist perhaps ??? I rather like the supernanny approach but the practicalities of getting him to sit in a naughty corner and ponder his crimes are doubtful

Water bottles arent useful .. he likes water, and it breaks his stride for a mere nanosecond.

In the meantime im buying toys for an adult , and going quietly nuts watching a full grown boy cat wreck my home .... my home is partially wrecked anyway , 12 cats, 2 boxers and parrots means one cant have really nice stuff......

Once he is exhausted he passes out on my lap flat on his back to snooze.....or flat on his back wherever it suits him ..poor child .....

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Premier Cat

Send him to me! Sounds like he and Floofy would get along just fine!

I was doing paperwork today (trying to match up insurance and hospital statements) and had envelopes and papers on the table. He jumped up numerous times to grab, swat and bite at the papers. Oh, and lay on them, too...pushing them over the table edge with his feet. I can't count how many times I scruffed/tailed him off the table with swats, without swats, with me growling dire consequences about the body parts he was about to have detached from him...none of it phased him at all. He'd no sooner have his feet hit the floor than he'd spin around and leap right back up.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Why I ever made friends with our office cat is beyond me.. he is a happy boy well looked after and ( the office is at my bosses home) and one day he sauntered into the office looking lonesome and of course I chatted to him ..... and that was the beginning of the end .... he spends his days terrorising me and lying draped over my keybord .. he is also extremly large and removing him needs a block and tackle ......I have tried writing a complaint .. telling Heidi (my boss) that one of her emplyees is abusing me but she takes no notice of my plight ..in fact the woman giggles silently behind her screen

I dont have a break from crazy cats at all ......

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Banned

I take it Freeway is a cat?

OK, rhetorical question, it's a cat forum. But I figured by now Freeway would have taught you that cats don't respond to discipline. They do, however, respond to bribes. Oh, the behaviorists would probably use different terminology: negative reinforcement and positive reinforcement. It's just that with cats like that, it's hard to figure out what bribes work. And then when we finally figure it out, they change their minds and are no longer interested. So, with that crowd you've got there, no wonder you're dizzy. They keep conspiring to spin you 'round and 'round.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Coaster my post was meant as a "giggle" of course freeway is a cat ... a kitty child ..... for allwe know a cat may just sit quetly in a naughty corner and contemplate his crimes

I can just imagine it ... hhehehehehehhe

2 boxers Miki & Monty
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

As was mine. With a bit of a lesson thrown in for those who read your caption and don't realize.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Premier Cat

Have you tried the canned air that you use to clean keyboards? It worked around here for a while. Please note...it was short term. But it was heaven while it lasted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

Canned air --> see thread about hissing.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Cat

At one of those links in the De-clawing Information topic, there was a suggestion to growl, which is one way the kitty's mama would express its disapproval.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Canned air??? somehow I doubt it .......

Coaster , im actually wondering now .... Is freeway a cat ???? a point to ponder ...

A black and white tuxedo child with attitude

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page