Hypoallergenic Cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Hypoallergenic Cats

http://www.allerca.com/html/hypoallergenic.html

They claim to have produced the world's first hypoallergenic cats.
Not sure I believe it, for some reason it just seems fishy IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to JewelFilly
In response to the Hypo-allergenic cats there is probably a lot of truth to the life-style cats. I believe by selective breeding they could achieve such a cat. But, I wasn't sure if you were aware of the cat breed Russian Siberian. I currently own one and his breed is said to be hypo-allergenic. I am extremely allergic to cats so that is why I purchased him. I went to the breeders home and she had 8 or so adults and about 20 kittens running around to test out my allergies. Both my husband and I who normally have asthma attacks and red itchy eyes after being around normal cats were fine after being in her house. So we purchased him and we've been allergy free ever since. I have taken him to other peoples houses and have gotten different reactions. Some people weren't effected and some had itchy eyes and throats. No asthma attacks though thank goodness. So it all depends on the person. But I would definitely recommend his breed. They are friendly, a lot like dogs, love to be where you are. I've trained mine to come, sit, up and am still working on more. His breed is just a joy to have around. Here is his breeders website, she does have information on his breed and there's a lot on the internet for it too. http://www.katymcfurr.com/michigan Good luck! His breed is definitely cheaper than the lifestyle pets and in my opinion hypo-allergenic.

Jess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

OMG! The Kit Gallery made me squeal!

Allie, do NOT look at this site! Your heart won't be able to take it!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Premier Cat

Wow! Arianwen looks almost identical to their adult cat Echo, and your Neo, Jess.
Beautiful kittehs! I love the baby pictures, too!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Cat

I used to be allergic to cats....then I found the more cats I had, the less my allergies bothered me. I have rare allery attacks which I keep med on hand for. Now my allergies seems to be on shorthair dogs, I break out in hives. I could not live without cats, alleries or not lol.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 07:34 PM

They're an overpriced kitten mill, basically. I don't doubt the cats are actually hypoallergenic, and I think it would be a cool idea if they had more reasonable prices and a less-silly website. Although I guess I can be thankful that the price will keep people away, perhaps they'll adopt or go to a reputable breeder of a hypoallergenic breed, instead.

But.. okay, I can agree with you all that the pics make me squee. Loudly. Every time. Too much cuteness.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Oh yes, very cute pictures. But the whole idea just seems very odd and I refuse to believe it. The price is insane alone despite the fact that I feel they are just pulling people into some sort of trap and abusing peoples trust.

I've heard about the Siberian also, very pretty cats and read that they are good for people who suffer from cat allergies.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to JewelFilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterkat
Wow! Arianwen looks almost identical to their adult cat Echo, and your Neo, Jess.
Beautiful kittehs! I love the baby pictures, too!
Awww that's funny because Echo is Neo's mom! Arianwen is a cutie btw!

Jess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page