Tired - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Tired

I am the one who got his cat declawed her backclaws. I just want to say that you all dont understand the grey area. I love my cat I had her since she was a kitten its been six years and I am tired of taking care of her. I am not a mean cruel person and its not her fault. I dont know what to do at times here is what I am talking about I dont know who would take her. I dont want to bring her to a "no put to sleep shelter" she is a good cat and the idea of her being stuffed into a small cage I cant do that to her. Cats are smart she would probably wonder what she did wrong to deserve this. You all havent seen her at times she just goes "hyperactive" where she runs across one side of the room to the other side" She has scratched my furniture and even my wood table. She has scratched the counters and the carpet. I rent I couldnt afford it anymore. I got her declawed to fulfill my commitment of a pet owner after she passes I probably wont get another cat. Its like $300 a pet deposit every place I live. I have thought about putting her to sleep I dont think I could do that. I would like my independence I would like to live with roommates who dont have or want any pets. I feel like I have a child at times the first 6 years were fun and I enjoyed her but now??? I am going to keep taking care of her but when she was at the vet overnight I liked leaving my food on the table and not having her jump up and taste it. I feel the declawing was a way to extend her living with me cause I think I would have to put her in a shelter or put her to sleep. I would rather have her put to sleep and be in a better place than a cage. Cause who knows how long she would stay in that cage she isnt a cute little kitten she is a full grown cat and they dont get adopted as fast and you all know thats the truth. Any options on what to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Premier Cat

She is just being a normal, healthy cat. Deal with it!
Or give her to someone who can. There are no kill shelters that don't cage their cats. I adopted my cat form one.

I cannot comprehend how you can talk this way about the sweet little life that you are responsible for.

Get her scratching posts and scratching pads. Oh, that's right, she can't scratch, so she doesn't have that outlet for her energy.

Get an interactive cat toy like Da Bird. Or one of those little laser pointers for her to chase.

Cats are not ornaments. They need attention, love and play time. That is their nature. That is what everyone here, except you, loves about the felines in their care.

I should not have even replied to your post, as it is likely you're a troll.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

I am not troll and agree she is a sweet cat but it does take work and money to take care of a cat. Like I said give her to who none of my friends can or want a cat and my parents wont take her. I dont want to put her in a cage. All I am saying is I dont think I want to do it anymore. I dont think I am a bad person it is a cat and not a human baby I didnt know when I got her that cats live for 15 years I thought it was 7 times each year so it wouldnt be this long of a commitment. I am taking good care of her so dont think she is being abused. Maybe now that the furniture and apartment is safe it will go better. She is a good cat and I do feel guilty thinking this. Its not like I cant go out cause I have a cat at home and its not that demanding but I would like it just me alone with no hair vomit balls, shedding and knocking glasses over and paying more money for the cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Premier Cat

Thread locked.

You have ignored all our advice previously and you are doing so now.

In all honesty you are acting like a troll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page