A surprising yardsale fanatic -- updated, picture heavy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

A surprising yardsale fanatic -- updated, picture heavy!

I started my yardsale today, thinking Rotten probably wouldn't appreciate her yard being full of stuff. Everything being moved around the house has distressed her. Instead of her disappearing, though, she was absolutely in love with the yardsale! She was jumping across shelves in the yard, tromping up and down the rows of books, hiding in the doghouse that's for sale, jumping inside a large standing speaker box...it was like having a yard-wide cat tree! She thoroughly enjoyed herself! I think she even liked the people coming in the yard, and they definitely liked her People think she's gorgeous When I can connect my camera to the computer, I'll upload pictures of her inside of the speaker. She was so cute...her eyes were huge, bright with sunlight, her pupils so narrow I could barely see them. You know how their eyes look when they're in bright light and full of joy. Her whiskers were flexed forward, full of vigor. I love seeing her happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior Cat

Can't wait for the pics! She probably thinks you're the nut for putting all your things out in the yard!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

She probably couldn't believe you were selling off all of her new stuff!

Pictures, please!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Premier Cat

Rotten was happy to have a yard full of cat-trees and condos, all set up by her Meowmie, just for her.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Premier Cat

It sounds like today was the perfect day for her! Waiting impatiently for the pictures.

Were you able to sell alot of stuff at the yard sale?

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Maybe I should be more specific I'm still waiting for the cable to arrive in the mail, the one that connects the camera and computer. RadioShack wants $21 for a stupid cable. Internet wants $1.58. Hm, let's consider this. When the cable arrives, I'll install the software & attach the hardware & then you'll see mah gorgeous Roo-in-a-box.

Edit to add:

I haven't sold much stuff, no. I guess I know now why this #[email protected]#$!!! town has no bookstore. Most of my stuff is books, very POPULAR and desirable books & series, and...not one single one has sold Cheap, fake-gold jewelry, though, stuff I've carried around since I was a tot? All sold immediately. So did the cheap perfumes my ex got me, and the cheap bottles of lotion. But not one single book by Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, Julia Quinn, Emma Holly, Louie L'Amour, Max Brand...nada. What's wrong with this place?

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinityQuiet
Snipped
I haven't sold much stuff, no. I guess I know now why this #[email protected]#$!!! town has no bookstore. Most of my stuff is books, very POPULAR and desirable books & series, and...not one single one has sold
'sfunny cos books are the first thing I head for if I stop at a yard sale

Quote:
But not one single book by Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, Julia Quinn, Emma Holly, Louie L'Amour, Max Brand...nada. What's wrong with this place?
Sounds like you had some good stuff too.
There's no accounting for taste, innit?

Mick.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahomegrownveg
Quote:
'sfunny cos books are the first thing I head for if I stop at a yard sale
Sounds like you had some good stuff too.
There's no accounting for taste, innit?

Mick.
Me too! If I'd have ever found a yardsale like this...they'd have to boot me out of their house to keep me away! I thought I'd be holding some devout booklover's dream yardsale. Ah well. At least I held a devoutly loving Rotten's dream yardsale

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Cat

Quote:

Me too! If I'd have ever found a yardsale like this...they'd have to boot me out of their house to keep me away! I thought I'd be holding some devout booklover's dream yardsale. Ah well. At least I held a devoutly loving Rotten's dream yardsale
When we moved from California we decided it was time to trim the book collection so my wife rang the library at Oxnard and asked if we could donate "a few" books.

There were some suprised faces when we kept coming in with bag after bag after bag. But they took them all.

Now we're in Oklahoma and busy building up the collection again

Mick.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Premier Cat

I was gonna ask.........are the pics taken with the new camera? But I see they were since your waiting for the cable.

Sounds like Rotten had a GREAT day, can't wait to see the pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page