help me identify my cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

help me identify my cat

I really want to identify my cat seeing as ive had her for over a year and i still have no idea what breed she is. shes all white except for a small gray spot on the top of her head, has one blue and one green eye thats sometimes brown. she is also a hemmingway cat that has six toes on all her paws except one that is normal. if anyone can help me out as to what kind of cat i have i would be greatly appreciative. thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitty.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	599  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Re: help me identify my cat

oh and also shes never quite gotten a name, she has some nicknames but thats all no official name, if anyone can think of anything that would suit a unique cat like this please dont hesitate to say so. thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitty2.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	600  

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Cool Cat

Most cats, unless purebred, have no identifiable breed mix like dogs do, sometimes there are really specific traits (like an oriental body type, or the huge size and long hair of a Maine Coon) that help you to tell what breeds might be in there, but for the most part they are just a really complicated mix breed whose ancestors have been mixed breeds for generations. We call them Domestic Short Hair (DSH), Domestic Medium Hair (DMH), and Domestic Long Hair (DLH). So your kitty looks like a DSH, a beautiful one at that, I love her eyes. I can't believe she does not have a name yet! What is her personality like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Cool Cat

Whatever her ancestry, she is certainly unusual and beautiful
Perhaps you could call her Ziggy after David Bowie who also has different coloured eyes? Although maybe that's too boyish for such a cute girl.
The only other person I've heard of with different coloured eyes was Hereward the Wake (legendary 11th century English hero). But again that's not suitable for your little cutie

seashell
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Yup a DSH cutie! Her coat would be considered van patterned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 AM

Aww, what a cutie! She has a really pretty face. My friend has a cat with odd-coloured eyes too, but he's all white. His kitty is a DSH.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Premier Cat

What a very pretty kitty! That second pic is absolutely adorable! Love the eyes!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Premier Cat

She is an Adorable Polydactyl DSH, or possibly an Adorable Polydactyl DMH.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

thanks everyone who responded, i really appreciate it. i guess i will never have a clear understanding of her breed without her back round info. either way it makes no matter she'll always be cute. as for her personality shes like a dog, i guess thats the best way to describe that. she like being put on a harness to sit in the grass out front and attack any living thing. she loves car rides for some reason, not to sure why yet. and shes very vocal always letting me know how she feels. oh and she almost always responds when i call her by her various nicknames. im still on the hunt for a good name for such a unique cat so again if anyone can think of a name please let me know, im at a loss. thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page