Hi 1st Post about my new girl! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Hi 1st Post about my new girl!

I adopted a cat a week ago she is 6 years old, spayed, declawed, shots..
She started out hiding under the beds upstairs all day, then coming out in the evenings and being as friendly and happy as anything like she had always lived with us.
Now she doesn't hide under the beds she lies on the futon upstairs or on a little bed I made her up in my OPEN closet upstairs.. she seems to have this routine where she only hangs out after 7pm and with me first thing in the morning is the only time she comes downstairs and when she does she is just fine going everywhere lying next to me on the couch, following me happy purring like she isnt' scared of downstairs at all yet it is the only time she comes down all by herself....
I don't know if this is her personality yet as it's early days.. it is just that she kind of hides all day then either first thing in the morning or last thing at night she is the life of the party!!
Is this normal cat behaviour?... Everyday she seems a little more outgoing in the day time today she helped me do some cleaning etc (upstairs)...
Do most cats sleep all day?

I am not posting this because i'm feeling impatient I just want to share about her because I love her so much and have noone else to really share about her...
She talks to me so much (when she is her party self) sleeps on my bed at night until my hubby comes home then she abandons me for him and hangs out with him until he comes to bed... she is an odd little character.. I can barely stand how happy I am that she has come to live with us...

Her Mom that raised her up until last week had her in a one bedroom place I am thinking perhaps this has something to do with her behaviour.. maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hi 1st Post about my new girl!

Welcome.

She sounds like she's doing great for only having been with you one week. Cats do sleep a lot. Cinderella is also 6 years old. She sleeps literally all day long, then comes out around 6 p.m. for dinner, then she usually goes back to sleep until I put the twins to bed. Then she hangs out with me in the evenings. She hung around with me more before the other cats came along, she was more like your kitty.

Pictures, please! (and her name?)

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
snip... Pictures, please! (and her name?)
Yes, please.

She is not used to having such a relatively large territory. Give her time, she'll become accustomed to your home.

Welcome to Cat Forum!

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

She is on a little time clock I think I love spending the time with her in the mornings before I leave for work..
Someone is always home at my house as hubby works the evening/afternoon shift and I work the extremely early shift.
I must say I never thought I would feel this way about a cat...

Her name is Taylor, she knows her name very well.
Her owner was looking for someone to take both her cats but I could only take one, so I left my number just incase she couldnt' find a home for the two we talked a few times but we were both hoping she could home them together even though she said their personalities were very different..
I would have loved to take both only I'm new to cats and I didnt' want to get in over my head...
So I never thought we'd actually get her as I thought she would find someone to take them both but she didn't and she was worried that she would have to get them put to sleep .
When she found a home for the sister too she called me to say we could have Taylor and it was love at first sight!

I have been browsing this forum for a few days I am glad to read that I am not alone in my new found feelings.. lol..
I don't really have any pictures yet only this one so far...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Tom Cat

What a beautiful girl! Everything you have mentioned sounds perfectly normal. She is just gettting used to her new home, family, and being the only cat. I am sure she will become even more comfortable as time goes on.

Katie

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Premier Cat

She's very pretty! Love those almond shaped eyes!

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Taylor is beautiful and I love her name.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Cool Cat

TsNewMom wrote
Quote:
I can barely stand how happy I am that she has come to live with us...
It almost brought a tear to my eye reading that - it was so well expressed. It sums up beautifully how many of us feel about our kitty companions. I'm so glad you have found the joy of sharing your home with a cat

seashell
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Banned

Very nice looking cat, great name as well.
My Peggy behaved in exactly the same way, but after 9 months has really settled in nicely.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Premier Cat

Taylor is beautiful! I understand exactly what you mean about the feelings you have for a kitty. I sure never thought I was capable of it until 3 years ago, when I got my first.

My cat Murphy, who's the sweetest, most lovable and affectionate little guy, does disappear for hours on end during the day. I think they just want to feel a safe, secure place where they can sleep, and that's how they do it. Chances are your Taylor is under a bed somewhere, sleeping away and getting ready to make her nighttime appearance.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page