WHAT got into Malibu last night?! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

WHAT got into Malibu last night?!

She was a crazy kitty last night when I went to bed!

She always comes in when I'm reading for a bit before I turn out the light. She has a snack, a drink, a dig in the litterbox and then hops on the bed for a snuggle before falling asleep on my shoulder or against my side while I read. Last night, she just went WILD! I was laying on my back with my knees tenting the quilts up and she flopped against one of my ankles and then started chasing 'bed mice' (my feet) under the covers. I was NOT moving them! Well, after she 'caught' the bed mice a few times, then I started playing with her by wiggling my feet under her paws/jaws.
Oh, she went nutzo! Eyes all wild, paws flasing here/there and her mouth half open for 'the kill bite' when she'd catch the bed mouse. We probably played like this for almost 10 minutes. Then, she promptly fell asleep. She was still near my ankles, not up by my head as usual, and she had a wrinkle of the quilts gathered between her paws.
Silly kitteh!

Some pics...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: WHAT got into Malibu last night?!

Awww, it's so good to see her pudgy self after everything you went through with her! She's just keeping you on your toes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Cat Addict

What a sweet kitty! I love the last picture, it looks like she is on the verge of asking you a question. Or at least letting out a little meeeoooow?

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Ugh. She is an awful cat to take photos of, unles she is asleep. In that last pic, you can see her leaning just a little bit. Right after I snapped that photo, she gave me a disgusted look and darted off to the back door.

...As to keeping me on my toes...I think she wanted to KEEP my toes last night! Oh, she was silly...

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Premier Cat

Arianwen will start pouncing on the bed sometimes, too, Cute Mallie was just letting her inner panther out for a run.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Cat

My Fuzzy loves to play with a piece of string or rope under the covers of the bed, she dive-bombs the covers and goes completely nutzo chasing the yarn or "fake mice" if I wiggle my fingers under the blankets.

Your kitty is beautiful, such wonderful expressions on her face!

Andi
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Banned

Bed mice? lol

She sounds like she was having a great time
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 04:19 AM

She's so cute! I love her white belly.

There must be something in the air... Milly was in one of those moods this morning too! She kept smacking the "bed mice" and then jumped off the bed, and after that I heard her tearing around the living room!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Bed mice? lol
That is what my Mom would call it when she'd come into our bedrooms (Sis & I) to play with the kitties. She showed us how to put our arm/hand under the blankets and wiggle our fingers for the cats to catch the 'bed mice' tunneling under the blankets. You know? I think this game is why I learned to sleep in one position all night long without moving...otherwise the kitties sleeping with me would pounce!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
...why I learned to sleep in one position all night long without moving...otherwise the kitties sleeping with me would pounce!
Same here.

There was one weird experience I had a while ago. Slasher was on the bed playing with the blanket, and he suddenly let out a loud wail for several seconds. I had never heard him make that sound, or be that loud. I mentioned it to a friend, and she suggested that he probably got a nail caught in the blanket and scared himself.

Now that they're older, they don't pounce at my feet, but Slasher likes to curl up against my leg, and I feel guilty if I move and disturb him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page