Is DaBird REALLY that good? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Is DaBird REALLY that good?

We have several wand toys for our cats and they love jumping up and catching them in mid air or dragging them around the house, etc. One has feathers on the end, on has little strips of leather, and one has a stuffed mouse attached the to end. I've been thinking of getting a DaBird, but I'm wondering how it's really different from any other other wand toys we have? Is it REALLY that much better than anything else out there? Seems kinda spendy, so I'm just wondering what makes it so special?

Thanks, I figured input from those of you who really have them and use them daily with your cats will be a much better review than anything I could read from reviews of places that sell them.

Andi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned

Re: Is DaBird REALLY that good?

Well the feathers are glued in at an angle, so they spin round on the fishing float type attachment. Drives Peggy wild.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Cool Cat

I do think it is different from other wand toys. As was mentioned the feathers spin and as they do that they make a quite flapping noise. The feather attachment is also replaceable so that's good. It's the first toy that my cat ever growled over, he caught it and growled when my other cat came near, I thought that was very funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Premier Cat

DaBird really does seem to bring out the beast in them more than anything else. Murphy loves his fishing pole toys, but he got so worked up about DaBird that we had to stop using it. So yes, I think there's something different about DaBird that works them up more, but it's not like your kitty will be deprived if he doesn't have one.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Da Bird is definitely different. If your cats respond to the other toys and you feel it's giving them a good workout then Da Bird isn't a "necessity". If you were a new cat owner who was looking to buy their first fishing pole toy, I'd definitely recommend it above the others. And if you had a cat that wasn't getting any exercise, wasn't interested in the other fishing pole toys and you were looking for something different, I'd recommend it.

But I do have to say, using Da Bird is a lot of fun for the owner too. It's hysterical to see them growling and defending their catch. Holly managed to pull the feather off the string a couple weeks ago, trying to catch her to take it away was a major challenge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

I have Da Bird, but I also bought the same type of toy from Petco and I like the Petco one so much better. The wand bends and the pole is much thicker - easier to hold onto and it has a rubber grip about six inches long, too. I have one in each hand so the girls don't realy care which is which, but the Petco one is just so much more comfortable and flexible.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned

Toby plays with only two toys -his catnip filled fish and his Da Bird. He loves his Da Bird - so glad I got it from him.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 PM

I have another wand thing that Milly is just not interested in at all, but she goes crazy for Da Bird!

I'm not sure what makes Da Bird different. I thought it was the feathers, but we had a mouse attachment on our Da Bird last (I guess that makes it Da Mouse?) although, it died yesterday. (She pulled the mouse off, and his been carrying it around like a trophy ever since... lol).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to MissAnne2u

Lets put it this way ... I have to put my Da Bird up on top of a 6' tall entertainment center so Scooter can't see it or he will and DOES jump up to get it, that right, he jumps up over 5' in the air to get this thing. He absolutely loves it. I have other wand toys and none of the cats like it at all.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Premier Cat

Yup, me too. I have to hide my DaBird when not in use.
I think part of what makes it so exciting for them is it flutters...quite like a bird! My cats go insane for it.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page