Tiddlers stole our dinner! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Tiddlers stole our dinner!

I took some lovely sirloin steaks out of the freezer yesterday morning and left them on the side to de-frost. Now Patner left for work after me and he was supposed to ensure that the Tiddlers had either gone out or had gone back to their 'real' Mum who lives in the flat downstairs. But he failed to do this and left them shut in all day.
Of course the inevitable happened - they found the steaks, they opened the wrapping and gave the steaks a thorough chewing before they decided they were a bit too big and raw for them and left them abandoned on the kitchen floor.
I came home looking forward to a nice steak for me tea and found Partner on the point of firmly ejecting the Tiddlers for eating our dinner.
I was a bit infurtiated (mostly with Partner) but in the end you have to laugh. Billie Tiddler turned up at the door about half an hour later looking all frisky and demanding to be fed some proper cat food. Which we of course gave her.
Cheeky little madams

Share your audacious food strealing stories here

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Banned

Re: Tiddlers stole our dinner!

In the first month we had her, we **** Peggy in the kitchen (on purpose, as we still do), but we forgot to check the table was clear of food..... The loaf of bread that we left out had a big bite mark in it the next morning
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

I had a cat named Garfield growing up. One day we made a pumpkin pie and guess who licked the entire top layer when we weren't watching...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Cat Addict

When I was a kid my mother made a yellow cake for my brothers birthday. She left it out to cool and when she came back Chessie had eaten a crater out of the middle of it. She filled it with frosting and we ate it anyway! Happy birthday Bobby!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Premier Cat

I have several stories:

Fang.
Fang was a wolf hybrid (shepard/wolf) and was a big dog at 115#. My father had put an Elk Roast (7-9#) on the back of the counter to defrost and Fang ate the whole thing. To say Dad was mad would be an understatement.

Mister.
I was cooking my first family Thanksgiving Dinner and had made pumpkin pies the night before. Mister licked a hole out of one of them only hours before the first guests were to arrive! I cut out that 'slice' and told anyone who asked that I just couldn't wait and had tried out the pie.

Floofy.
Anything in plastic is not safe. Bread, buns, rolls, chips, cereal, tarps. (the tarp was in plastic and he chewed a hole through the plastic).

Silver-Mousie.
We like to eat dinner in the Living Room and watch movies while we eat. I like to sit on the floor with a 'breakfast-in-bed' tray over my lap. Mousie likes to sit next to me when I eat and I have to keep tapping her feet to keep them out of my plate. If I get too engrossed in the movie (like I did one night) she will sneakily get a claw hooked in the meat, all the while purring and looking up at my face, and when the meat gets dragged off the plate she'll grab it and run to the kitchen with it to consume it.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Banned

Toby was once caught 'red handed' licking meat juices out of the roasting tin I had just been using for a joint of pork . And my first cat, Tarry, went mad for lamb chops - used to nick them from your plate and chow on them in the corner, growling at you if you tried to retrieve it!

As a puppy, Benji got to the chip (french fries) pan and drank up ALL of the oil in it. Boy he vomited EVERYWHERE! For a good hour! And then, some six months later, his new buddy, Nipper (RIP) did the same thing!!! Dogs!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Ha ha, what naughty kitties we all have

Heidi wrote
Quote:
Mousie likes to sit next to me when I eat and I have to keep tapping her feet to keep them out of my plate.
The Tiddlers never do anything like this, which is what lulled us into a false sense of security.
Our dining table is next to the window, and Jimmy used to jump on the window sill while we were eating and then gradually slither onto the table thinking we wouldn't notice
But the Tiddlers are usually such good little girls.
They were obviously just waiting until our backs were turned

seashell
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Cat Addict

All three of mine are trouble.

Jitzu goes mad for anything bread-like. Muffins, cake, bread, bagels...she'll give me a cute face, then wait 'till i stop looking, steal the bread, and run off with it. The silly thing is she doesn't even eat it, she'll nibble it but won't take big bites or anything.

Torri likes to sneak up on her dad when he's eating now, see if she can steal some of his meat. But when she was teeny her favorite thing was to sit on your shoulder. She would sit there and try to steal every bite you put in your mouth...and since she was so cute she got some, lol.

Doran isn't sneaky. He'll waltz right up and take stuff, like he's the king of the castle. Guess who's fault that is, lol.

However, the best story i have is about the dog we had growing up. His name was Cody and he was a basset/corgi cross. He had been known to take food before so we always cleaned up dinner before we went out. This night we had cleaned everything up up even though her was mostly blind, deaf, heavily arthritic, and 15 years old. We came home to find him ON the table, licking the butter dish. We couldn't figure out how he got their because he was having trouble with stairs, but he must have been determined.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Premier Cat

Good thing all of my kids are well mannered- HA!! Simba loves anything that my hubby is eating but he is especially insistent if it is something like yogurt or ice cream. He will try to grab the spoon as you bring it up to your mouth, meorowing loudly at you the whole time.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Premier Cat

The Tiddlers lulled you, especially Partner, into a false sense of security.

When I was a teenager I had Rusty, a beautiful longhaired ginger/white tomcat, who was a very close friend. He loved very spicy human foods, and one day I had come home with a box of Popeye's spicy fried chicken, and set it on the table while I went to wash my hands. When I got back to the table, Rusty had his face in the box and was munching away on the chicken, enjoying the hack out of it.
I gave him the drumstick he had tucked into, and he was very grateful.
Little rascal! run
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page