PLZ PLZ PLZ NEED ADVICE. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

PLZ PLZ PLZ NEED ADVICE.

this evening my freind told me that her sister had taken two kittens up to out local rspca but they could not take them in so she left them near a farm on a dirt track. i am discusted with what she has done but was wondering do you think the cats will still be there as i dont think it is right just to dump them so was thinking of going up to where she dumped them and see if they are still there and i will take them in til i can find a nice home for them. what are the chances of them still being there? any ideas plz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PLZ PLZ PLZ NEED ADVICE.

There's no way to predict whether they'll be easily found. But the longer you wait, the less likely it is. Go see if you can find them....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

i dont know much about cats but what if i cant find them are they good survivers in the wild? i cant go til tomorrow morning just feel sick knowing that they were just left to fend for them selves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Premier Cat

Go see if they are still around the area. As Doodlebug said, the longer you wait, the less chance of seeing them.
Can you beg, borrow, buy, or steal, a humane animal trap like this one?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

the cats know me i have been to the house a few time they are very freindly, she said she dropped them off near a farm where she had saw another kitten when she went past, think she was hoping the farmer would find them.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Premier Cat

I know here most Shelters and rescue organizations have those traps and will rent them out for a minimal amount.
As to whether the kittens will survive, it depends how old they are. If they were little then they won't survive, if they were older they might, for awhile. What an awful thing to do! I hope you can find them.

Victoria
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Premier Cat

You mean they were her kittens that she dumped?! Wow, people can be really horrid.
Cats are extremely territorial. If there are other cats where she dropped them, chances are, they will not accept the new comers.

Victoria
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

yes they were hers she could not cope with them so tried to give them to the rspca think she had them for about 9 months and they must of been at the right age to leave there mom so think they would be about a year old. just dont know wat to do its way to dark to go now but if i do find them i dont know if my cat will except them and i have a new born baby wat am i ment to i dont want to leave them out there alone i just cant believe she has done this its sick.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Premier Cat

Id go and at least check. Go up to the farm house and see if the people could help you locate them. If you left a set trap with them they could check on it for you. Odds arent good unless the kittens escaped into a barn or farm building for shelter.

If you do manage to get them. Put them in your bathroom and start calling rescues to see if they could take them.

You have obviously have a tender heart to try to save these guys. I hope you let your sister know how crewl it was to do this to a living, feeling being. Your sis could use a little of your compassion! Good luck and keep us posted
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

hi all it was not my sister its a mates sister.
anyway i went up there first thing this morning with food and a basket spent 2 hours looking in feilds barns along the road and had no luck they were nowhere to be seen i knocked on the farm door but nobody was in. just hoping now someone has taken them in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page