Does your cat let you maul em? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Does your cat let you maul em?

Something tells me Tiger is going to be a special cat LOL. If i maul him he doesn't care, what i mean by that is holding him and kissin him, pretty much baby him. I even got him trained now that if he wants to be put down he has to give me a lick on the nose. Now he knows if he wants down he has to lick my nose LOL i know i'm wierd Carmen can only handle alittle bit of mauling but Tiger is pretty much a big baby that will go limp in your arms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Does your cat let you maul em?

All of my cats will let me maul them... (picking them up, giving a light squeeze and a kiss on the head or cheek) ...even the former ferals.
Heidi

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

The more you pick Simba up and spin him around (not literally, lol) the louder he purrs. Gracie is also cool with a good tummy kissing, or two.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Premier Cat

Arianwen lets me maul her a lot. She loves it, in fact she purrs like a little engine when I kiss her tummy.
But when she first came into my home she wouldn't let anyone touch her tummy, and would give you a good, bloody mauling if you tried.
What a difference a little time makes!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Premier Cat

I definitely smother Murphy sometimes, like kneeling over him and dropping down nose-to-nose. If he's not in the mood, he just gets up and walks away....and usually comes back for more within about 15 seconds.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

Over time, Peggy has become a little more relaxed. She lets me rub her head, and her cheeks (on her face).
She also likes to be picked up just before breakfast, but woe betide anyone who tries at ANY other time of day.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Cat

Jack mauls me, i give him attention but it is never enough.

From following me every second of every day if he isnt sleeping, constantly being around me on my lap etc. if its not me its my room mate. His favorite thing is to be picked up as in the photo posted in the Hot fat is my cat thread.

Its a great feeling knowing your cat loves you as much as you love him/her.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 02:00 AM

I never knew cats could be so tolerant until I got one of my own - yesterday my boyfriend dived onto the new chair we have, while Milly was curled up and sleeping in it!! He snuggled up to her (not very gently, I might add), squeezed her, kissed her and jumped out of the chair ... I looked into the chair to see the "damage" (usually measured by how deep the furrow in Milly's forehead is ) and there didn't seem to be any "damage" done at all! She just looked at me for a moment, yawned, and went back to sleep!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
The more you pick Simba up and spin him around (not literally, lol) the louder he purrs..
Rocket likes to be spun around. We call it playing "spin kitty". On the kitchen floor, he lays down and I spin him around two or three times. I've done it more, but then he gets dizzy and I don't want to make him dislike doing it. He also likes to do somersaults. I pick up his hind legs off the floor, he ducks his head to the ground, and I somesault him head over heels. It's kind of interesting.....when I first started doing that I noticed that when I did it multiple times, he'd alternate the way he turned his head when he ducked. First somersault turning to the left, next to the right, etc. He did that just on his own!! What a cat.....

You suppose they do these things because they know it's payback for food and shelter or because they enjoy doing them?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Premier Cat

Nah, cats are just fun-loving little critters. And natural acrobats, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page