Kitty-proofing failed..... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Kitty-proofing failed.....

Well, not failed, exactly, but I guess I missed one. I came home from class/work to find my fridge emptied and food strewn around my house. I have no idea how Havoc managed to get it opened, but all that was left inside was a string cheese and a jar of salsa... And there was a very smug looking kitty with a very round belly on my couch. lol. As close as I can tell from what I picked up, today he ate: Most of two chicken breasts, just the ends of 4 hot dogs, about half a cup of tuna salad, a few bites of cheesecake, all the sauce off of the lambchops I was marinating, but not the lamb itself, some cheese, most of a pint of half-n-half (container was on it's side, but there was only a very small puddle), and probably at least a taste of the chocolate and fudge sauces, salad dressings, and yogurt that were broken open from falling to the floor. Suprisingly all of the egg seemed to still be with the shells that weren't batted around the living room... He's lucky he's so cute.... Lol. Anybody else have a 'fridgerator raider? Or ways to keep him out of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Kitty-proofing failed.....

Sam (R.B. kitty) used to open the fridge and raid the cold cuts. I finally put a stop to it by putting a chair against the fridge door.
Sam was a big, amazingly strong kitty, at 20+ pounds, but he didn't move that chair.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Lol, I might try that. SO mentioned putting a hasp on it, but that idea didn't appeal. He's not very big, just under 4 pounds. I can't imagine how he opened it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious! BAAAAD Kitty!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Oh wow...sounds like something Maggie would have done in her younger days. I would find stuff from my kitchen cabinets strewn about, broken into, trash over turned and relocated to various rooms. Good stuff!

I would bet that he didn't actually open a firmly closed fridge on his own, that would be extremely tough for a cat to do. I suspect one of you didn't close it quite right and he just made the best of the situation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Tom Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to MissAnne2u

Oh wow ... that is hilarious ... BAD Kitty eating Cheesecake and chocolate !!!

To keep Scooter from the Lizard enclosures, I got one of those Indoor invisible fence systems.. WORKS GREAT !!! Scooter won't go within 5 feet of the enclosures. You can set it for 3 - 10 feet radius. You might try it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Found out what happened... Our kitchen floor isn't exactly level, and I had a hand towel on the door handle. I was making dinner and Havoc came tearing up the hall, launched himself at the towel, and his momentum made the door pop open. I'm guessing the first time the towel looked like a cool toy, but when he found out he could get all those yummy treats he remembered how he got in. He's too smart for my own good....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Oh, my! The mystery is solved! Now, let's hope kittey doesn't get one heck of a tummy ache! Havoc is a great name for a refrigerator raider.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:25 PM

lol maybe you should change her name...maybe something like "angel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page