confused and frustrated - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

confused and frustrated

Okay so I just came home after being out of town this weekend my girlfriend had stayed here with our cats and everything was fine but when I get home our oldest kitten Maylene started having horrible diarreah (like loud enough you'd think it was a person) and its a weird shade of yellow almost puss colored and then this morning she threw up once (which could be a one off thing) but I'm concerned about the poo situation. Shes acting fine very friendly and social but I'm not sure on the diarreah shes had it before and then we switched her to a diet of spots stew for sensitive stomachs (she cant handle chicken so wellness was out of the question) and shes been on that for 2 to 3 months just fine. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly welcomed shes a rescue kitten and I'm waiting on the group to send me the adoption papers but I cant take her to the vet without thier okay in the past shes been on i/d and flaygl both of which have helped.
thanks
jeff and maylene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Banned

Re: confused and frustrated

Take her to the vet anyway. The poor cat's clearly ill.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Premier Cat

Can you call the rescue, and talk to someone to get permission? It sounds like the little one needs to be seen by a vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

I wound up taking her to the vet they arent really sure we have this issue maybe every 2 months or so for like a day day and a half then its back to normal I just feel bad for the poor girl and want the best for her. So its back to flaygl we go
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Premier Cat

Did you take a fresh sample to the vet of the poo? Or did they get a sample while there? They can do a fecal test to see if its parasites, etc in the poo. That way you could have a more definative answer of whats going on or rule out by deduction on what could possible be the problem. Poor guy.. Hope you find an answer soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page