Sudden Obsessions - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Sudden Obsessions

Yesterday afternoon I found my bathroom scale in the middle of the floor. Now this scale is heavy and has rubber feet on it that make it near impossible to slide...I have trouble moving it with my foot. Last night I hear all kinds of noise coming from upstairs, go up and find the scale moved again. Put it back, when I went to bed it was back in the middle of the floor. Again during the night when I went to the bathroom, again this morning when I woke up. Heard noises coming from the bathroom again a few minutes ago. And I'm sure you've all figured out who the culprit is...

But I just don't get this sudden obsession. She's been here for almost 2 years and never bothered the scale except for one time when her stolen q-tip was under it. I don't see anything she's playing with and lost, she just seems intent on moving the scale to the middle of the floor. I guess my feng shui is out of whack or something. What makes cats suddenly be obsessed with something, mess with it for days or weeks and then the attraction disappears as quickly as it arrived?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Sudden Obsessions

I'm getting a very funny image in my head of Holly moving the scale over and over. Is it a digital scale? I thought maybe she was having fun with the .... what would you call it .... piece that moves back and forth on a non-digital scale. (Must be a name for that thing.)

Murphy's latest obsession is that, unprovoked and for no reason whatsoever, he pounces over and over on a spot of the living room rug. There's nothing on it; he just pounces as if there is.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned

Re: Sudden Obsessions - UPDATE

Lisa, I think you're asking one of those questions that has no answer. But if there is an answer, I want to know, too. I've noticed the same thing. Just about the time you get used to the things your cat is interested in -- where they like to snooze, which brand of food they like, which window perch they prefer, which toy they play with -- as soon as you think you know, then it changes.

----------------------------

FLASH -- I just figured it out. It's all part of their plot to take over the human race by driving us nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It's a digital scale, no moving parts to entice her. Just went in the bathroom...it was moved, but only about halfway to the middle of the floor. Little freak....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug
except for one time when her stolen q-tip was under it

Lately I've been finding shredded q-tips in various places.

For the last couple of days, when I get out the shower, Slasher ran in and started lapping up some of the water on the floor. That's new.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Holly chews the ends off the q-tips and all I find are the sticks. I have no idea if she eats the cotton part (with a piece of stick) or if I just haven't found those. So now I wrap my q-tips in toilet paper and twist it tight. Sometimes I find wrapped up q-tips in very strange places, like the dining room, but so far it seems to be preventing her from eating the ends. As I said....little freak!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Premier Cat

Kittehs do what they want, and live their own lives, No point in questioning it.
Me, I just like it when our lives intersect.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Cool Cat

They do, don't they? I remember our cat growing up went through a brief obsession with Q-tips (opening the drawer they were stored in and scattering them all over the floor) that ended as suddenly as it began. Then there was that one week when Stormy was convinced the hair trap in the bathtub belonged in the middle of the hallway. Then, as suddenly as she started, she decided it was fine in the bathtub after all and she's never touched it since.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 PM

What a tinker!! I can't explain why some kitties have these obsessions but I do know that Willow has it with wool, all my jumpers have to be safely locked away from her because she will completely anhialiate them - I lost two cashmere's last winter - I can't afford that kind of habbit!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Funny....since I posted this, she hasn't done it. I wonder what will be next?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page