I have to post this! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I have to post this!

I just have to post what Arianwen did a while ago, or I'll burst!
A little yellow and green finch has built a nest up against the accordion-folded plastic beside the window a-c unit in my bedroom. So, my little Tigress has been wanting to scratch her way through to the nest. She scratches the plastic till I tell her to stop, which is usually pretty fast. This last time I told her, I added that I love her, but I don't want her scratching on the plastic. I also told her that it would be better if she went to the top level of her cat tree so she would not be so close to the nest, thus not be so driven by her instinct to try to scratch her way to the birds. She looked at me, gave me blinkies, and jumped from the tree's mid-level up to the top level of her cat tree. (the mid-level of her tree is almost level with the window sill.)
When I went over and gave her a hug, she head butted me and licked my face, then gently petted the side of my nose. Giving me another blinkie and quick face lick, she jumped down to the bed and flopped, luxuriously stretching.
I'm stunned!!!!

I think mah sweet kitteh has graduated to being self-aware.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Premier Cat

Re: I have to post this!

When she learns how to drive I expect her to come visit! Seriously, she continues to amaze me John.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:29 AM

Haha, she sounds like a very entertaining kitty!

I swear, some cats seem like they must have escaped from a circus! lol. Take my cat, for example: She has to do EVERYTHING me and my hubby do. She watches the way we open/shut/lock a door, then jumps up on the couch by the door and tries to figure out how to twist the knob and lock switch... If I'm on the computer, she tries to climb up in my chair and push the keys, or slide the "mouse"around. After we go to the... ahem... bathroom, she climbs up on the toilet and stands over it, like she's trying to.... lol.

Then one day, I went into the kitchen to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich--- After I used the peanut butter, I put it back in the cabinet and closed it. She jumped up on the counter, opened the cabinet, and (amongst all the many other items in there) selected the *peanut butter*, and pulled it down on the counter. Then started trying to twist the lid with her paws!

She's so goofy, but we just love her! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Cool Cat

Just a suggestion......but you may want to put kitty in another room if you do any internet shopping.....

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

There sure are some amazing kittehs here!

Who knows, some of the identity thefts that are so common these days might be done by a kitty identity theft ring. No one would suspect a kitty digging in the garbage is hunting for credit card receipts and not food.
Of course, my kitteh would never... run

Just now, Arianwen has been in our room by herself for a while, and instead of trying to scratch her way to the finch nest, she's peacefully laying on the top level of her cat-tree, surveying the outdoor part of her domain from the window. Such a good, sweet mini-Tiger!

John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Premier Cat

John, that's astounding! Arianwen...is that a Celtic name? OT Ever read to her? TRY IT.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Should I read Welsh or Celtic mythology to her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.thinkbabynames.com
The girl's name Arianwen \a-rian-wen, ari(a)-nwen\ is of Welsh origin, and its meaning is "white, holy silver". Name of one of the daughters of Brychan, a semi-legendary Welsh chieftain (fifth century).
Arianwen has 1 variant form: Arianwyn.
I really can't take the credit for coming up with the name. It was suggested by a friend on another forum where I had asked for girl-cat names.

John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page