cats for sale - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

cats for sale

there is a local pet shop in my town that occasionally sells kittens. domestic short hair kittens!they put them in a cage at the front of the store and impulse shoppers buy them. currently, there is one female kitten at the shop and she has been alone in a cage for several weeks. she is getting big. it makes me VERY sad. she should be at a shelter. the local shelter is non-kill. a cat can remain there for life if it's not adopted. i fear that the people who buy these kittens do not know what they are in for. background checks are not run!!! the kittens cost at least $350. i found out that they usually buy local litters. so, if my cat had babies i could go in and get $50 for each cat i give them. one of my friends bought a kitten from the pet shop and it is a real demon cat. yes, it still deserves love and a home, but some people would not have the patience to deal with such a cat. there's nothing i can do b/c it's legal. it's ridiculous. overpopulation is a huge issue and the people who are breeding their cats for dsh kittens are adding to the problem. they aren't TRYING to breed them, they just haven't spayed them. breeding cats is fine if you know what you are doing, but . has anyone else been to a pet store that sells cats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to -BB-
Re: cats for sale

I have, and so has my friend but she actually bought one. And guess what? She didn't know what she was in for. Her cat was let outside she wasn't spayed, didn't have her shots, or a vet visit. Results? Her cat had a litter of 5,? and shes outdoors again getting pregnant.So are the kittens, as they are now 6 months old. They are outdoors in the harsh world. They don't have tags, or microchips she doesn't even take care of them! All she does is feed them all. So if they get run over that wasn't her cat, she didn't buy it and she doesn't know who it belonged to. She gave away 3 kittens so she has 3, but they are female... Those cats are like strays! The worst of it all, is that the area she lives in is BAD! Many animal haters out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Megan for the wonderful Siggie! Thanks reeeka for the avatar!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Premier Cat

That is just so sad.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Premier Cat

I would say something to the pet store owner. They need to have the heat put on for the irresponsible selling of cats in their store. If they hear it from enough people they may stop the practice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page