Blue poo! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Blue poo!

We sure had a surprise in the cat box today! Blue poo!...Boy did I do a double take!

I let Gracie have her new favorite toy out over night in the kitchen and living room so she'd have something to play with last night - since during the weeknights she is no longer allowed in the back of the house. (Hubby can't get back to sleep when she walks on him in the wee hours if we leave the bedroom door open, and she whacks the hall rug up and down -bam! bam! bam! super early in the morning if the door is closed.. Gary has found he simply cannot function at work all day and concentrate in his night classes three nights a week without enough sleep...)

So this new toy is a ball of blue rabbit fur with a jingle bell and some feathers on a long springy elastic cord and stick..Gracie adores it! So much that she killed and ate some of it! I assume that it is okay for her to have passed some fur just this once (Chinese dye issues aside!) but I guess this will be one of those toys that she'll have to be supervised with...Oh well! But the blue poo caused a sensation at home!

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Blue poo!

That must've been a shock!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Banned

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Cool Cat

I think it must be something about rabbit fur that drives them crazy. When I was a little kid (about 5) my grandad used to shoot rabbits. My Mum tied a rabbit tail on a string thinking it would be a great toy for our cat, Pete.
He made one lunge at it, pulled it off the string and woofed it down in one gulp
I remember bursting into tears because I thought it would choke him. Also it was the first time I had seen Pete being anything other than a fluffy bundle of fun. I didn't realise that all cats are mighty predators

(I presume nature took its course with the rabbit tail Pete ate - but at least it wasn't blue )

seashell
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Premier Cat

it wuld be better if Gracie's next rabbit fur toy was not dyed, just the natural color. It would be less worry for everyone,
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

John, you're absolutely right!

I had no idea that rabbit would be so attractive to her! I gave her canned rabbit once, and she wouldn't eat it! The only meal she's ever turned down - she backed away from the dish meowing with a stricken look!

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page