My Kitties are driving me crazy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

My Kitties are driving me crazy!

I had a kitten when i was a kid but i have forgotten what it is like to have a kitten, 2 kittens at that! LOL. What age do they start calming down? they make puppies seem so easy right now-haha .

They're all over the place, knocking thigs over, getting into things, i even saw one of them jump onto my flat screen TV. I told hubby i'm looking forward to them being full grown cats and they are lucky that they are cute.

When they are calm and purring like a motor machine and want some attention makes me realize why i like them so much to begin with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Premier Cat

Re: My Kitties are driving me crazy!

Buckle your seat belt. Your in for a wild ride for about a year! Atleast that has been the case with the cats Ive had!

Ive found that how you treat them during this time when they are going thru the crazies is important. It shapes their relationship and how they relate with you for the rest of your lives together.

I just talked a woman into giving me back a kitten, now a year old. This kitten was driving her crazy. I know how the kitten was when she left and now she is skiddish and reluctant to be held. Im sure I can bring her back around but I do know its from this womans frustration with her
The womans son had moved her then put her into an efficency apt that isnt any bigger than my living room.The poor womans living situation & unhappiness combined with this kitten running, pushing over, jumping, chewing, scratching, breaking ... well you know how it goes! I told her we need to find her a senior cat that would be a better fit.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Premier Cat

I think Marie73 could share some of her experiences with her Twins, Cali and Charlee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think my experiences will make her feel any better, John!

My girls are over a year old and sometimes spend two hours when they get up chasing each other through the house. That also happens at various other times during the day. They get into everything, too. BUT, the biting and scratching and chewing was put to a stop pretty early (Cali!).

Cali has recently discovered how to open my kitchen cupboards, so if they get up really early and I want to go back to bed, I tape shut the ones she can open.

But they're so loving and cuddly and cute, it makes it worth it. Plus, they go to bed at night. Not sure what I'd do if they didn't have their own bedroom. Cinderella and Cleo like it when the twins go to bed, too.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page