Pill Pockets - YUCK! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Pill Pockets - YUCK!

I was just giving Buzz his evening medication in a pill pocket . There was also a chocolate candy bar on the counter that I have been nibbling on. Without looking I grabbed what I thought were a few loose pieces of chocolate and popped them into my mouth. Sure didn't taste like chocolate!! I spit those partially chewed pill pockets into the sink as fast as I could! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! (Spit spit) YUCK!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Pill Pockets - YUCK!

Some cat food tastes okay, some tastes terrible, to human taste buds.
Cats' taste in food is suited to their nutritional needs.
Some of my food makes Arianwen gag when she just smells it, but those foods contain onion or garlic, which are bad for kitties.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The "Natural Salmon" flavored pill pocket was really kind of tasteless. It was the horrible clay-like consistancy that did me in. YUCK!

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Senior Cat

yuck!!

Lauren&

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:15 PM

After several periods of using them, my cats have the same reaction now too that you described. They would rather eat spinach or broccoli than a pill pocket.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder
After several periods of using them, my cats have the same reaction now too that you described. They would rather eat spinach or broccoli than a pill pocket.
Buzz will not eat them voluntarily either. I wrap them around his meds hoping they will at least take the medicine taste away, then I pill him by shoving it down his throat. My poor little guy.

Sue

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Cat Addict

YUCK! Reminds me of the time I accidently ate a puperoni. GROSS!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

For those that feed their cats canned food, have you ever thought of using a mortar/pestle or other means of grinding a pill into powder and blending that into their food?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldjr1969
For those that feed their cats canned food, have you ever thought of using a mortar/pestle or other means of grinding a pill into powder and blending that into their food?
Yes. Depending on the pill, my cats sometimes will reject the food if I do that. Still, it is what I do most of the time. I only occasionally bother trying more advanced techniques like pill pockets or chicken flavored gel caps. I've gotten pretty good at squirting liquid down my cats mouth and not letting them drool it out - so sometimes I will crush up a pill then combine with karo or a compounding liquid.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldjr1969
I do that with Orlandos Cosequin, mixing it with some Fancy Feast that I know he will eat. Buzzy is such a picky eater, though, that it will not work with him. He only nibbles a little at a time and I would waste the meds and not have any idea how much actually got into him.

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page