Halloween - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Halloween

Just wanted to say about the troubles of halloween for cats.Not all people might have this problem but where I live i know that there are some really stupid kids and teens(not saying that their is anyhting wrong with kids and teens as im one )and they might think it is funny to use a cat as a 'halloween prop'.Me and my sister saw this happening before when kids where throwing twigs and stuff at a black cat, we told them to stop though.Just a warning for the safety of cats .
Demi x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Cool Cat

Re: Halloween

An important point at this time of year, Demi. Well done you for getting those kids to stop tormenting that poor cat.

seashell
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Premier Cat

Back when I was in high school,there were advisories to bring in any solid white or solid black cats because cults would try and steal them for use in rituals. Is that still going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Premier Cat

I know that was a big problem in New Orleans before I moved up here. I imagine it still is.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 04:02 PM

My neighbour across the way has a black cat that is always let out during the day and doesn't go back into the home until nighttime so hopefully they will keep the cat inside tomorrow and not let it out until after halloween. Either that or i will have to tell her to make sure she brings the cat back in before it get's really dark.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

My old cat Fluff Butt (I was like 7yrs at the time) got stolen on Halloween People can be so cruel sometimes.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Cat Addict

Cats get tortured around here year round, but halloween is particuarly harmful. Its part of why I never let my cats outside.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Senior Cat

It still happens, and its not just black or white cats, orange ones as well as just about any animal they can get a hold of is at risk on Halloween. Though those cults do seem to prefer black and orange colored animals mostly from what I understand. Most rescues now even refuse to adopt out black and orange animals around Halloween, though I did come across one yesterday that actually had a Halloween themed "adoption sale" all black and orange cats for a really low fee. Really don't like that idea nor that they called it an adoption sale.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I think that was a dangerous thing for the rescue to do.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders

It is a real problem here. Me and 2 other ladies have been urging people to keep their cats inside during the weeks leading up to halloween. 3 little dogs have already been stolen in the past couple weeks.
Every year someone stumbles upon a casualty after halloween.

this is the big reason why me and dh are waiting till the second week of november to list the babies up for adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page