Heating kitty bed - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Heating kitty bed

Today I went out and purchased one of those kitty heating beds for Orlando. Long before I adopted him he had broken his leg. He did not get any medical attention at the time and the leg healed wrong. Since the temperature has been dropping his leg seems to be bothering him and I though the heated bed would help. Instead he decided to find a nice warm place in the sun.[attachment=1:nobgpdhn]Orlando in the sun.jpg[/attachment:nobgpdhn]

My little Buzzy who is fighting anemia seems to enjoy the bed, though!
[attachment=0:nobgpdhn]Buzz on the heater.jpg[/attachment:nobgpdhn]

With seven cats I can be pretty sure that somebody will like what I get them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Orlando in the sun.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	740  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buzz on the heater.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	741  

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Heating kitty bed

Cute kitties! Pretty soon they'll all be fighting over it.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

Awww. How is little Buzz at the moment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melysion
Awww. How is little Buzz at the moment?
He was doing well and we were slowly weaning him off of the Prednesolone when his red blood cell count began to go down again. The Prednelolone dose was raised right back up to 30mg/day and Leukeran was added. He had his first blood test since the change in meds Saturday and I am waiting for my vet to call today to discuss the results. With the FeLV+ kitties all we can do is fight the symptoms like crazy and pray a lot. Thanks for asking about him.

Sue

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Premier Cat

Looks like a great lounging spot for somebody! That's true, when you have 7 kitties you know someone will use whatever you bring home. With 1 cat, it's more like a 50/50 shot.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
Looks like a great lounging spot for somebody! That's true, when you have 7 kitties you know someone will use whatever you bring home. With 1 cat, it's more like a 50/50 shot.
My3babies and I agree that that's the best thing about having 8 cats...someone is BOUND to love it (Whatever new cat thing we've brought home).

I have to say that with 1 cat, I think it's more like a 1/10 shot, than 50/50.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Even with the seven cats I think the heating bed is going to be a dud. Buzzy laid on it that first afternoon and none of them have been on it since. It barely warms up at all. I would like to find something like that that would help Orlando's leg. I've heard human heating pads get too warm for cats.

Sue

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Cat Addict

I wouldn't give up just yet. I have that exact same heated pad for Kitty. She loves it. It should get plenty warm. Like all K & H beds, it maintains a temperature slightly above room temperature at all times. Once a cat lays on the bed, it heats up to a nice and toasty 106 degrees F.

I'd give it a while in it's current location (winter is just beginning, you know). If it continues to go unused, try putting it somewhere else. I've found that location is KEY for any bed. Also, if they prefer beds with sides, as opposed to mats, you can try placing that bed inside another bed to see if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page