Foster kitten 24hrs later... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Foster kitten 24hrs later...

She is doing wonderfully!
Check out how she is laying on her side so I can have access to rub her cheeks, shoulders and belly AND how I've got her little paws making biscuits!

She still feels more comfortable in the carrier, though she will sit/crouch and purr when I lift her out of the carrier and onto either the bathmat or my lap. She gives me eye blinks, mews at me, purrs and will step one foot out of the carrier, but then retreats back inside and then immediately pokes her head around the edge to see if I'm going to keep on petting her. She will put her whole head in my hand, head pressed against my palm as my fingers surround her head to massage her ears and cheeks. Then she sort of scoots around until she can lay down close enough for my hand to massage her belly and back. My face is about 6-8" from her when I kneel down and bend over to interact with her at the carrier opening.

LuckyDuck spent some time with her today and groomed her, she followed him around (into the bathtub and on top of the litterbox hood) and would press against him asking for attention and he would groom her, occasionally bite her neck to make her be still, and then keep on grooming.
She has a fat little tummy and she has used the litter box. She is not very bony at all.

Husband took me into town tonight to check the traps about 7:30pm and we had no kitties. AC's trap was still set with a full can of Fancy Feast inside and mine had been sprung, but the food in the Fancy Feast can was gone. I reset my trap and put a fresh can of FF inside. I hope I catch some(one) overnight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Foster kitten 24hrs later...

You're doing a great job with her.

There was a little kitty who looks just like her, but with longer hair, at my vet's office today. I held her for a while and wanted to take her home so badly. But I know she'll get a great home pretty soon. My vet puts them in the waiting room and they're gone quickly. Her brother and sister were already adopted.

I hope you find more, Heidi.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Premier Cat

Do you have an idea how old she is Heidi? She is a beautiful little gir.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I think she is about 9-10 weeks old.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Premier Cat

You're doing such a great job with her, Heidi! Gosh, she's so beautiful. I love her eyes and cute, black velvet nose!

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Cat Addict

She is beautiflul, her eyes are so clear and healthy looking. Just think how much better her life will be because of what you are doing!

Sue

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Premier Cat

She's a very lucky kitty that you came along when you did! What a sweet little face. It sounds like things are going as well as they possibly could. Congrats.

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Senior Cat

Oh, she's such a little doll baby. And so cute how she is learning to overcome her fear & love you! I hope you find the others. They'll alll be lucky to be captured by you!

Lucille & Koko
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

My husband drove me into town last night before he went to bed to check the traps and mine was sprung and not re-set. The can of cat food was eaten. The AC trap was still set with a full can of food in it.

I went into town this AM to check the traps and found the same thing. The 2nd can of food I'd placed in my trap was eaten and my trap sprung, not re-set AND there was poop in it, so I caught something... I inquired at the dental office and they said my trap had caught two different adult cats so they were let go. I brought my trap home to clean and have decided to just allow the AC trap to work. The dental office assured me they would call me to come p/up any kittens before they would call AC, so I'll just have to be patient and trust to luck. I'm afraid we may not catch any more kittens, but at least the one I've got will have a chance at a good life.

She has started hissing when she 1st sees me, but then immediately after the hiss she mews a tiny little mew, as if asking if she can trust. I keep trying to reassure her that she can...
h

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Banned

she is so cute and such a lucky baby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page