Grace has been adopted! I miss her. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Grace has been adopted! I miss her.

Our foster kitten, Grace, was adopted on Sunday by a very nice family (Mom, Dad, 8 yr old son). They are from the Ukraine and we did have some small communication difficulties but, after talking for a while, I felt pretty good about giving Grace to them.

Katie and I were hilarious though...running... around and giving them things for Grace. They were planning to bring her home inside the new litterbox they had bought (covered). We gave them a small carrier that Grace had outgrown...but we mushed her in. We send enough food for 10 days, a blankie and small toys, a "Rock'n roller" assembled toy (new in the box). I almost gave them a brand new fountain...but managed to restrain myself. We just want Grace to have everything she could need. I still cried after they left. And it's been weird around the house without her.

I called yesterday and talked to the dad. It had been 4 days, so I wanted to see how she was settling in. It sounds pretty good. He said that Grace was very social. They had a birthday party for their son and Grace wanted everyone to pet her and play with her. She's very good and loves to play. Of course, they are having 2 problems. She gets on the counters and he tells her in a stern voice, "No, stop that". But she doesn't listen (I told him to blow in her face and if she still doesn't get down to push her off the counter). Also, He said that Grace doesn't seem to know that night is for sleeping. I told him that she'll figure it out and you just have to ignore her. She never slept with us much because she mostly wasn't allowed in the bedrooms (we've run out of rooms to segregate cats in). So, she hasn't really learned that yet.

I REALLY hope it works out with them and that they love Grace forever....so far, so good!

Now we just have to find Sassy a forever home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Grace is gone

That's great news, but I can see how bittersweet it would be for you. They do sound like a good family. Congrats on finding Grace such a good home . . .

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Okay....seriously....could you have titled the thread something less heart-stopping!!!!!!

Grace is ADOPTED, maybe?

That's great news. It sounds like she has a wonderful new home and I'm sure the son is already in love with her, so they'll have patience until Grace learns her manners.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Premier Cat

I agree about the title. I had already started to cry before I even read the thread!

It sounds like she has a great new family.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Premier Cat

Grace will learn that people sleep at night, and to let sleeping humans lie. It will just take some time for her to adjust her habits and schedule accordingly.

When I saw "Grace is gone", I thought another kitty was "gone" from the earth.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

So did I.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Cool Cat

Re: Grace has been adopted! I miss her.

Yup, me too. I almost didn't click on it. (I often don't read the "my kitty has died" type threads because they make me so sad. )
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you!! Much better! I know you miss her, that just shows what a good meowmie you are.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Sorry guys. I guess I titled it that way because that's what I keep saying to my sister. "I can't believe that Grace is gone" usually followed by, "I miss Grace".

I'm thrilled that she's found a home but it's so hard to let go of a cat you've had for so long (since the end of April). And she's been the only kitten in the house since July. So...I've gotten ESPECIALLY attached. I miss my Grace kisses (she's obsessed with cleaning people). I miss my food stealer (she will literally bite the food right out of your mouth). I miss my leg sleeper (she perches, rather uncomfortably, on my ankles and then sleeps). I just miss Grace. I was SO glad to call and find out it's going okay there.

I forgot one thing, when I called, the Dad told me that Grace was right there and asked if I wanted to talk to her. I laughed and said, "no" (although...I wouldn't have really minded). But I really liked that he asked....

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Awww, see? The Dad already sees her as one of the family.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page