Foster kittenS.... yes, plural... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Foster kittenS.... yes, plural...

That's right! I picked up another kitten today! The dental office called about an hour ago and I shot into town to pick up the kitten and trap. I put the kitten in the bathroom with the first foster and released it. A little bit of hissin' goin' on...but they seem to be okay together.

Unfortunately I chased the new kitten around the bathroom and finally got it scruffed to learn it is another girl and her fur is probably dmh, so I'll be able to tell these two black kittens apart easily. New foster ALSO has funny looking front feet. I didn't get a very close look, but it seems like she has double dew-claws on front. Is that polydactyl or only when it is on the foot-toes?

I'll try to take some pics tonight or tomorrow. Whenever kitten #2 get halfway settled in.

Had to take the trap back to town and re-set it. I also stopped in at the business next door (real estate) and left my number for them to call me over the weekend if they see kittens in the trap, or before they leave this evening. The dental office is only open a half day on Fridays. I'll be popping over to the dental office a couple times a day Sat/Sun to check the trap for more siblings.
Wish me more luck for these babies!
h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Foster kittenS.... yes, plural...

Yay! I can't wait for pictures! What lucky little kitties they are.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Premier Cat

Heidi you are such a great person to save these kitties!!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Premier Cat

Much luck for you and babies. May the kitty guardian angels bring the kittens to you!
You're wonderful for taking care of these little ones, Heidi.
Prayers to Ceiling Cat!

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Cat Addict

It will be VERY difficult with the forum being down this weekend to have to wait until Monday to hear what is happening!

Sue

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The kittens are doing well. #1 hasn't backslid at all and #2 is still crouched and scared. I lean down and talk to her as she crouches at the back of the carrier and I've reached into pet her back and head, just to show her that nothing bad will happen. I keep bringing in treats of canned food. Tomorrow I will probably scruff her onto my lap for an intense but short handling session and then set her away from me towards the carrier, the 'safe place'. I'll do that several times, increasing the handling and hoping she gets to enjoy the sensations and doesn't try to dash off.

I want to check the trap tonight before I go to bed, but I know if I tell Hubby he will ask me not to go and he will not want to drive me as it is very late for him and he's already in bed. I need to make up an excuse to 'go to WalMart' or something...or wait until he falls asleep and then just go.
I'll check the trap several times tomorrow and Sunday during daylight hours.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I just got back from checking the trap. No new kitties.

Hubby had got up and I told him I needed to check the trap before bed because it rained earlier in the evening and I couldn't stand the thought of a kitten stuck in the trap with no way to escape the elements.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Premier Cat

Nice of you to go back and check the traps.
That was the same rain that came through G'ville earlier today, Heidi. Nice to finally have a little soaker here. It's been practically turning into a dessert.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Hubby and I are going to the movies today. He shot into town for some reason or another and I asked him to swing by and check the trap. He said it was still set and the food hadn't been touched. I'll check it again this afternoon.

#2 is still very hesitant, flattens her ears when I approach, but last night she stayed out on the bathmat and allowed me to place the plate of canned food next to her, without dashing off to hide. I also scruffed her in front of me (not on my lap yet) and rubbed her all over before setting her away towards the carrier. I'm hoping she will learn soon that I mean her no harm.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 01:31 PM

It is great you foster these kittens I also am fostering kittens,I have 4 right now!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1223642690.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	777  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1226168554.jpg
Views:	1821
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	778  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page