International flight experiences with cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

International flight experiences with cat?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've been searching around everywhere on the internet and on the forum and came across some great tips in regard to traveling with you cat--what to do to prepare & what-not. However, what i'm really looking for is stories.

I'm wondering how is your cat after having taken them on a long distance flight (international)? Sounds like most people here have done the flight then but have been fortunate to take their pets onboard in the cabin with them. (Which isn't an option, in my case).

Any stories of how your pets were after a long trip or how long it took them to adjust after getting to the new/foreign destination would be great.

Thanks!
-Jill

my story: moving to Japan for minimum 1 year (max..2, 3? not sure yet) & can't stand the thought of leaving Natto (7 month tabby, male) behind. But am just trying to determine what will be best for him.
I've done quite a bit of research and have all the necessary preparations understood & have gathered a lot of travel tips, but just need to know what happens after all the madness of the trip? How is he going to be after having gone through it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Tom Cat

Re: International flight experiences with cat?

I've never done it, but I'm moving with Sebastian back to the USA in the next year or 2. I belong to an expat website in Shanghai and they have tons of threads on this topic; it's more common than you might imagine. You might try joining an expat website in Japan and looking for pet relocation stories there. Have you already looked into all of the necessary procedures? I'm interested to know if the airlines are charging you...

Robin and...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:47 PM

Re: International flight experiences with cat?

My mother moved from England to Canada 8 years ago when her cat was 13 years old she did not have the cat in the cabin and the cat actually ended up going a different airline I think it was BA while my mom took a cheaper airline that didn't' allow pets.. haha.
Anyway the cat did brilliant and she's still going strong today.
Obviously vet records etc and quarantine issues might come up..
My moms cat didnt' have to have any quarantine I guess it depends on what countries the animals are coming from/going to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page