That's it! No more outside!! (How do get a cat to stay in?) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

That's it! No more outside!! (How do get a cat to stay in?)

We have gotten where 3 of our 4 cats stay inside. We have one that always wanted to go out and her past owners let her out.

Today our son found a tick on her!! We pulled it out and put it in rubbing alcohol for 10 minutes and then flushed it. She had a flea/tick treatment 3 weeks ago.

Of course we decided right on the spot that she can no longer go outside. She is really particular about going out. If we don't let her out after a day or two she starts peeing on the floor. I know it is not that she is sick when she does that. Lucky for us we have a sun room that connects from the outside to our living room and there is a door so as long as we go out the first door to the sun room she might get in there but we could put her back in the living room before we open the outside door.

Any tips or anything on how to help her adjust to not going outside?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

Re: That's it! No more outside!! (How do get a cat to stay in?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiringmind
.... If we don't let her out after a day or two she starts peeing on the floor. I know it is not that she is sick when she does that. ...?
The only tip I have is to resign yourself to an indoor-outdoor cat. If this is the kind of behavior that results from being kept in, then frankly, you're looking for trouble trying to keep her in. I'm speaking from similar experience.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Re: That's it! No more outside!! (How do get a cat to stay in?)

The cats WILL eventually adjust to being an indoor cat!I can just tell you to be very patient and understanding!Are the cats fixed? because that will make it alot easier for them to adjust! ( because they will not want to escape outside to mate) plus as long as they have lots to keep them stimulated (toys cat trees and scratching posts) as well as windows to look out of they will be fine!I have socialized and adopted out cats that were feral and are now indoor only lap cats!It is really in the cats best interest to be indoors!Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page