Female Kittens Question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Female Kittens Question

I've had male cats in the past and had no problems with them. Now we are thinking about adopting a female kitten. Is there any problems with females, I've heard females spray. I guess that means sometimes they urinate not in the litter box.

Need some help on females or should I stick with males?

Thanks for your help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Female Kittens Question

I have all girls and they've always used their litter box and they've never sprayed.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Senior Cat

Male cats spray as well, usually it's the other way around, people asking if there is any difference between the two but they have only ever had females before and never knew that females could spray. There isn't really any difference that I have noticed. I have 4 males in my house right now and one female. As long as you get her spayed early enough she won't spray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Premier Cat

Arianwen always uses her litterbox indoors. She does spray, though, but only outside, and only on extremely rare occasions. I have only seen her spray twice in all the time I've had her. I think she was marking over some other cat's scent mark those times.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:02 AM

I've never had a female cat that sprayed (I thought only male cats do that?). I have always preferred male cats, though, because they can be so friendly and affectionate, and most of the females I've owned have been a little more irritable. I think what makes a huge difference is getting them spayed soon. The earlier you do it, the sweeter female kitties seem to be. I have a male and a female kitty right now (about 6 months old), and they are both darlings. Their temperament probably depends just as much on how they were raised as on whether they are male or female. I certainly wouldn't discourage getting a female kitten because they are wonderful pets, but just be sure to get one that's been loved on all her life. There's my two cents
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Premier Cat

Arianwen has been in abusive situations in her life, and because of that she was a little shy when I first adopted her.
But, at least for her, I think that makes her more loving, and appreciative of a loving home.

It is true, though, that some abused cats become fearful of humans. They just need patience and love, and to be shown that there are such things as good humans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page