Begging - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Begging

Sebastian has become such a little beggar! I've been feeding him 3x a day now. Altogether, he gets one pouch of wet food a day, and a little kibble. He gets half a pouch for breakfast, half a pouch when I get home, and a nibble of kibble at night. I used to feed him a pouch in the morning and kibble at night. Now he's on a diet, and I realized that if I spread it out, he was much less likely to wake me up at 5 am crying for food.

He knows I feed him on a schedule and I don't deviate from it, so he doesn't usually bug me too much. The problem is, he's learned that my relatively new flatmate is a huge softie. She keeps feeding him and he keeps begging. Every time she goes in the kitchen, he rolls around on her feet, rubs up against her legs, jumps on the counter and yowls until she feeds him. I had to talk to her about it this evening because I really don't want him eating so much. He's already lost a lot of his summer pudge, but food 4 times a day is too much.

I feel bad telling my roommate she can't feed him, cause she is a total cat person and calls Sebastian "our cat" and just loves him, so I suggested she give him a treat instead if she absolutely has to give him something. I don't want her to think Sebastian isn't "her" cat too, because after all we live together and they take naps together and play together, and I want her to think of him as her cat. The fact of the matter is though, that Sebastian is really MY cat and I want him fed according to my schedule.

This would not be a problem if he weren't such a little manipulator!!!

Robin and...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Begging

Sebastian you are such a smart little devil.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Teehee...reminds me of something that happened to a friend of mine...

She noticed her cats were gaining weight and mentioned to her boyfriend (who had just moved in a few weeks before) that she needed to put them on a diet. He responded with something like "heck you don't even feed them now, they must have starved before I moved in"....turns out her cats were playing him for a second breakfast every morning...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned

hahaha!
Don't feel bad about telling your mate about not feeding her. If she really loves him, then she should be told it's really bad for cats to be overweight.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

My cats used to beg all of us, in turn, as we got out of bed...the little fibbers. You can't believe everything they meow!

I agree that your roommate should know about the diet, and adhere to it.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Cool Cat

Last week I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and was unable to get back to sleep. So I got up to check my email and have a nice cup of chamomile and mint tea. When I got up to try to go back to bed, my cats explained to me that they were hungry, and I decided it was close enough to their breakfast time that I should feed them.

I went back to bed, managed to sleep for a few more hours, then got up again at a more usual time.

Guess who was explaining to me that they were hungry?

Sorry guys, just because I got up twice doesn't mean you get two breakfasts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

So other cats are beggars too! It's like they think they're entitled to food whenever they want it! The thing my roommate keeps saying is "but he was so hungry!" I had to tell her, "Nooooo, he's not. He's an evil little thing" haha

Bethany, that's funny that they wanted 2 breakfasts! Maybe they thought you'd forgotten!

Robin and...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

My girls are like that, too. If I came home early from work, they thought it was dinner time. Even if it was at noon!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

Peggy is a little begger sometimes.... Oh wrong vowel....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page