Vote on the Best "Isolation Area" for my Kitty Aggressor - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Which territory would you choose for aggressor kitty?
Basement 0 0%
Main floor spare bedroom 7 100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Vote on the Best "Isolation Area" for my Kitty Aggressor

I've been putting off the needed reintroduction between my cats Clarkie and Jack for quite awhile now, and no! things have not gotten better on their own.

So now I'm trying to decide between two areas for Clarkie (the aggressor) to live on his own and cool down for awhile: the basement or a smallish spare bedroom. Each seems to me to have positive and negative aspects; maybe you can help me decide which would be better. I have a feeling this reintroduction may be quite time-consuming.

BASEMENT:
Positive aspects=very large; he likes to hang out down there; it would be more fun for *me* to spend time with him down there.

Negative aspects=three other cats would have to share the upstairs, thus decreasing their territory significantly; basement has no windows for him to look out; gets a little chilly in winter.

Could be Positive or Negative: not much of a space underneath the door for him to interact with the other cats; pretty secluded from the overall doings of the household.

BEDROOM:
Positive aspects=Has windows; he likes to hang out in there; other three cats would have a better amount of territory to share.

Negative aspects=Quite small; *I'll* get bored being in there

Could be Positive or Negative: large space under door for cat footsie; more of a feel of being "in the thick of things" in the household.

Any opinions?? THANKS!
L.H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Vote on the Best "Isolation Area" for my Kitty Aggressor

I think I'd choose 'bedroom' with a twist: Instead of you being bored in the bedroom, close the other three cats in the basement for at least an hour a day so Clarkie can roam the 'neutral territory' and all the cats can mix their scents in the area and he can run around and play.

I did this when we moved to WA State. The rental we were in at first was in a poor area and had a lot of un-veterinary-cared-for kitties outside. I could not let my outdoor cat outside into that environment so I kept him in the spare bedroom and visited him. In the evenings or afternoons, I'd close the housecats into the master bedroom and let Oscar out into the rest of the house so he could interact with me and play. When we moved to a rural property Oscar was able to be let outdoors and was much happier.
Heidi

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Cool Cat

Re: Vote on the Best "Isolation Area" for my Kitty Aggressor

I like Heidi's idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page