New Kitten or not? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

New Kitten or not?

Hi Everyone

I am not very active on this board, mostly just "lurk" around and read the posts, but today I need your advise please.

My lovely Ginger Boy, Gizmo, was run over on Monday night

I only had the two kitties, Gizmo and Chloe.They weren't the best of friends but they did play with eachother quite often. Now I am wondering if Chloe will miss having a friend... should I get a new kitty or just leave it and see how it goes. I don't want Chloe wondering off looking for "friends" but I also don't want her wondering off because of a new addition to the family...

What do you guys think?

Thank You... Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Cool Cat

Re: New Kitten or not?

I'm so sorry to hear about Gizmo. How terrible for you.

From what I've read and heard it's not easy to predict whether or not a cat will take to a new addition. I think I'd probably leave it for a bit. I don't think cats tend to go out looking for friends (unless they haven't been neutered!), but I do know that some cats can resent newcomers to the home.

If you do decide to get a new kitten, there is pleny of advice on here about intorducing new cats to each other.

seashell
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so sorry about Gizmo.

Since you live in an area where there is danger from cars, I would softly suggest you keep Chloe inside, so she won't wander off for any reason.

Only get another cat if YOU want one. There's no guarantee they'll get along, so you always have to be prepared for that. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. Cinderella and Cleo don't fight, they just co-exist. Thankfully, I fell in love with Cleo when I went to meet her, so she was mine no matter what.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:35 AM
Premier Cat

So sorry to hear about you losing Gizmo, Melissa
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Thank You for the condolences everyone. I really do miss him a lot!

As for getting another kitty, I would get another one in a heartbeat but being unsure of how Chloe will react is whatís stopping me. I guess Iím going to wait and see how things go.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

You could offer to foster a kitten (if you can do that where you live) and see her reaction. That way, you could keep it if things go well, or adopt her out if they don't.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page