cat food coupons - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
cat food coupons

Long story short, I'm determined to get the boyfriend's cats eating better. I generally buy a ton of food online and Skylar only eats a little (especially the kibble) so I've been sharing with him. Of course, his kitties don't like my canned food... but the dry they love.

I'm also not telling him how much I pay for cat food. He'd have a cow.

Anyway, I was on a bit of a hunt for coupons. Lately, Skylar's been turning her nose up to almost everything I've got. And unless there's a sale, petfooddirect.com prices have been about the same as the stores around here (even with the 20% codes averaged with shipping).

I just saw a post somewhere about calling Wellness and getting free sample and up to $10 in coupons EVERY MONTH. Has anyone done this? I'll be calling in the morning - seems like a good deal.

Anyone else know who is pretty good about coupons?

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:29 AM

Re: cat food coupons

ebay has tons of cat food coupons
people sell for just a few bucks mailed.
make sure they are not store specific,
and the expiration date hasn't elapsed.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Premier Cat

Jessie, I know how you feel! Since switching all the kit kits to wet at night, I'm spending more on cat food. I don't DARE tell hubby the truth, he'd have a cow as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Premier Cat

Do you guys have a Trader Joe's anywhere nearby? Their big cans are only 49 cents or 59, depending on the type.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~

I love Trader Joe's! I didn't realize they had a canned food, I'll have to look into that.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:32 PM

beware; trader joe's canned foods are notoriously stinky.
great for the cats, but can be annoying to the humans
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

No Trader Joe's that I've ever heard of.

I've given him little containers of Before Grain, EVO and Call of the Wild kibble and they've eaten it all.

Its the canned that doesn't go over well. EVO, Felida, Merrick, Natural Balance... his kitten might eat some, his big cat doesn't eat much canned at all. She HATES the Merrick!

So I was thinking that a few coupons good for buying a couple of cans (or trying say the Wellness pouches) would be better so I don't feel like I'm completely wasting money. At this point, I think I'll have to suck it up and just give him a good grain free kibble and let him continue feeding the Friskies or 9 Lives cans that he has...

I've already made it perfectly clear though - IF we ever live together things are going to change big time!

Jessie

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

OMG why is cat food so expensive??

I actually found a good deal - a 15lb bag of Natural Balance for $14. Problem is, I can't seem to find anything else worth buying to help cut the cost of shipping.

I was thinking about finding a middle ground dry food but everything I've looked at has horrible ingredients and still not much cheaper than the good stuff.

And why do they only sell assorted cans in cases of 3oz cans only?? I'd happily buy Wellness or Merrick but refuse to pay $1 for a 3oz can when I can pay $2 for a 13oz. Its just not right.

Geez... ignore the rant.

Jessie

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

I pay $.99 per 5 oz. can of Merrick in a store. It's more expensive on line and in bulk??

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

well, I HAD been paying $0.99 for the 5oz Merrick at the store by me, but it jumped up to $1.09. They're on sale on petfooddirect.com. I case is $22.19 which comes out to $0.92. but the regular price comes out to $1.02 per can. Not much savings... I'd rather buy a few cans at a time.

I think this time I'm going to go for Wellness. I usually can't stand the price they charge, but with them being on sale and with the 22% off the large cans are $2.04. I think the last time I saw the big cans in the store they were easily $2.50 if not more. Plus, if you work it out per ounce it would be like paying $.90 for a 5.5oz can... not too shabby at all.

Plus, I know Skylar hasn't been too excited about her food lately and always remember her liking the Wellness. Maybe boyfriend's super picky kitten will like it too.

I'm waiting to have the "you really shouldn't free feed" conversation with him. His kitten doesn't eat much dry... his fat cat doesn't eat much wet. He's a big cat in general but is very overweight. Maybe he wouldn't feel so bad paying more money for high quality food if he measured out a small amount to feed every day rather than a huge bowl full that he can gorge on.

One of these days I'll get to him.

Jessie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page