hahaha - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

hahaha

Bear with me. I'm VERY new with cats. Linus is CRACKING ME UP!! He kept meowing and I couldn't figure out why. I kept petting him and giving him attention and nothing was working. Then I brought out the toys I bought that he never played with. And he started to go freaky!! I've never seen a cat play before! It was hilarious. He was chasing this toy around the house and I'm falling off my chair laughing. He just wanted to play. Cats are so weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Premier Cat

Re: hahaha

Cats are not weird! They're smart, furry, four-legged packages of fun.
Linus was telling you what he wanted, you just weren't listening. :

Don't worry, you'll get used to the way Linus talks to you, and eventually even understand most of what he says. Welcome to the world of being owned by a cat!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterkat
Don't worry, you'll get used to the way Linus talks to you, and eventually even understand most of what he says. Welcome to the world of being owned by a cat!
He totally owns me. Every day he warms up a little bit more. Like for instance, I totally think he just farted next to me. He must be pretty cozy in his new home to do that! Yuck.

He was sitting on my desk earlier so I couldn't see the computer. Me - "Get down kitty" Kitty - "Play with me!! Play with me!!" lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 AM
Cool Cat

I'm so glad you're discovering the joys of having a cat around. They are so funny aren't they? And just when you think you've seen it all they do something new! This morning Margaret Tiddler was doing some very strange antics round a door frame. Its impossible to describe in writing, but she was sort of clinging on to the door frame with her claws and getting into som very strange postures. All for her own amusement

seashell
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Premier Cat

I love the conversations that you can have with a cat. They say meow and you go down the whole list- food? no, water? no, play? no, hmmm catnip? Soon you will learn what sound goes with what demand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Banned

You're dead right. Cats ARE weird

Great name btw. Named after Mr Pauling no doubt?
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned

Oh yes, Linus Pauling the guy who everyone thought would determine the structure of DNA but messed it up.

Being a structural biologist, i obviously know his work very well.

Anyway - I'll switch off my nerd brain now. Ahem. You must excuse me - I just saw a mega scientists name flash up and got all excited there for a second.

Onto the topic - I still dont know what Toby wants half the time but for the other half its food so at least I get it right 50% of the time
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Cool Cat

Okay, I just assumed the cat was named after Linus in the Peanut's comic strip.

My cats currently have Morning Rocket Butt and are trying to trip me and make me fall down by zooming unpredictably around the house.

Maybe I did that quiz wrong, perhaps there's more than an 87% chance they are trying to kill me....they already know where the food is kept....

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Premier Cat

You're right, cats are weird -- and totally entertaining. I get the biggest kick out of Murphy. He'll play by himself by kicking a toy away, then chasing it, then kicking it again, then chasing it again. I'm thinking to myself, "Dude, if you just wouldn't kick it away, you wouldn't have to chase it."

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

This is how we got his name. Lion + Your Highness = Linus. I know, kind of dumb but that's what came to mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page