Feeling a little bad for George - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Feeling a little bad for George

George has always been an only cat although we've had dogs and parrots as well. He is 10 y/o. Two months ago, we took in my son's two cats (year old brothers) for two months so they could get relocated to another state. Saturday morning they will be leaving. George has really found a buddy with one of the cats. They are always rubbing up against each other. I feel bad that they are leaving. I thought of adding a cat to the household after they are gone but I'm not sure hubby will be agreeable since we do have a dog and four birds as well. I'm just feeling sad for Georgie Boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Feeling a little bad for George

Awww, poor little George. Maybe if he seems really sad, hubby will let you try another cat, but do it only if you want two cats, because there's no guarantee they'll get along. And cats really do sleep most of the day.

I don't believe we've seen pictures of George yet....unless I missed the post. (hint, hint)

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Oh, I really want another cat! But only if hubby wants one too to be fair to him and the cat. Here's my Georgie Boy. Not the best pic, I'll post some more in the picture thread tonight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

What a sweet picture! I love your doggie, too! Look at those eyes!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 04:19 PM

Awww - cute pic! Boxers are soo funny. Maybe you could ask at your local animal shelter about fostering - that way you could have another cat around, but not permanently. Yes, they will eventually leave, but after a few months you could be fostering again. And for as long as you like.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Premier Cat

My goodness, I looked at your George and could have sworn it was my Taz.

Maybe you could talk your son into leaving his cats with you for a little longer and then you can keep pointing out to your
hubby how much he enjoys his kitty companions . Then you introduce the idea of a new kitty for your house.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Champ is now a year old and still full of mischief! When the cats leave, I plan on taking hubby by some of the cat adoptions to look at the adult cats and see what he says. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page