Crystal might be coming to live with us - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Crystal might be coming to live with us

It looks like our 1 1/2 year old grand-kitty, Crystal, might be coming to live with us in December. My son is losing his job as DHL shuts down it's operations and will be moving out of his apartment in December or January. At this time Crystal will be coming here.

The timing might be that she comes the same week that my step-kids will be here. My plan is to set Crystal up in the room where they will be staying and by the time they leave she will be integrated into the house and the other cats won't have even realized what happened.

Crystal isn't spayed. Should I get her done when she comes here, or wait a while until everyone is settled? All 7 of my kitties are s/n, so no worry about oopsies.

Here is a picture of Marcus and Crystal taken today. DH and I went up to his house today and he made us a lovely Thanksgiving dinner.

Any other thoughts about things I need to do with Crystal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crystal.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	837  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Crystal might be coming to live with us

Crystal is adorable! Love her stripes.

If it was me, I think I'd have her spayed now, so she can recover in peace and quiet in her own home.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Premier Cat

Aw! She looks like she is kneading her paws into his shoulder and really pressing her face into his scrubbling fingers. She looks like a sweet kitty!

I think if you got her spayed asap, you could avoid the whole I-don't-know-you-because-you-smell-strange sceneario just after getting integrated....OR....you could do it several months after they have been integrated and then the re-intro after the vet visit will be over quicker because they already 'know' her, she just has to smell like everyone else again.
Sounds like an either/or situation.
I've found with my multiple cat household, cats can't count, so as soon as everyone smells the same it really isn't a big deal.
h

...Marie posted before I could post my reply. I like her idea of getting Crystal spayed before her move, too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Good idea about having her spayed before hand, I will see if I can make that happen. She is a tiny little thing, maybe 5 pounds, and so friendly. She loves belly rubs and playing and I can really see her and Molly becoming friends. Molly is kind of on her own in the group.

I'm kind of excited. I have wanted to add another kitty to the family for a while, but it really wasn't practical. Now it's just helping out family

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Premier Cat

That's great, Lea-Ann! You get another kitty in your home while helping your son out.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 12:01 AM

That's good you're taking Crystal so your son won't have to worry about her. She looks like a sweetie pie.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Premier Cat

Oh, that's awesome! She sure looks like a sweetheart!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Premier Cat

You might want to see how things play out. Maybe your son can find a place that allows cats?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Premier Cat

It's great that you're stepping up and taking Crystal! She looks absolutely adorable.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page