Something New... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Something New...

and wonderful, but a teeny bit scary at the same time.
Earlier today, Arianwen was sitting on her cat gym, looking out at the birds, surveying her queendom. I knew she was a little hungry, and pictured her in my mind eating some "crunchies" (dry food) out of my hand. As soon as I had that thought, Arianwen looked up from her bird-watching. She looked intently at me, giving me 'blinkies', then jumped down and trotted over to me, pounced in my lap and starting pawing the little bag of dry food I keep by the recliner. She pointed at the bag of food, then my hand, and started using her little hand, claws sheathed, to pull my hand down flat, to use as her platter.
She knew what I had been thinking.
I just had to share that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: Something New...

Messages traveling on the lines of love.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Premier Cat

I think it shows a strong connection between person and cat.

Something similar that happens with me, is when I am sitting at the computer, sewing, watching TV or a movie, and I look around to see who is with me in the room (I usually have a minimum of 6 out of 10 cats near me) I will think of the ones who are not in the room with me and I visualize where each one is; sleeping in my sewing chair, sleeping on my bed, sleeping in a cat bed over the rolltop, sleeping on a cupboard top in the kitchen, sleeping in/on the recliner or couch or sitting on the fireplace mantle...usually they ARE wherever I had pictured them in my mind.
h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

I've noticed that before, and posted about cats having ESP, but only half-jokingly, because I've experienced the same thing, and it happens often enough that it can't be coincidence, and here's an even more surprising observation: it has happened even when the cat and I are NOT in the same room, when the cat cannot see me. So to those who'd say that it's the cat observing our body language and getting cues from us about what we're think that way, that's only part of it. How do you explain that -- and this happens almost daily -- when Rocket is in the basement, and I've been working on my computer for several hours, and he's been quiet and probably just napping, and I think of him, and especially if I think of getting his meal ready, and BEFORE I start working on getting it ready (so it's not by sound either), he starts caterwauling for his supper!! He KNOWS that I'm thinking of getting his supper ready!! How about that, eh?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Premier Cat

When Percy was on a diet,it was like 'vibes' were coming from him.

'hungryhungryHUNGRYhungryhungry'
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Premier Cat

Has anyone on here tried using the EFT that Dr Jean talks about on her little big cat site?
John youd be a natural at this! You and Arianwen are amazing!!

A volunteer/friend of mine used it when one of our cats we adopted out to a family escaped. They didnt tell us for over a week! Grrr.. We spent several weeks doing all the traditional methods of trying to get the cat.

She wouldnt go in the traps we put out. My friend read about EFT and started using it for the cat to go in a trap so we could bring her home safely before all the coyotes got her. 4 days later we captured her in a trap!

Needless to say there were lots of prayers, footwork, etc going on during this. But it made me take a second look at EFT!

Wondering if anyone else had results from this. Im thinking of using it on my cat that I ignorantly declawed and has his "issues".
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Merry, I read a couple of articles about EFT on littlebigcat, and they talked about how helpful EFT is, but didn't actually explain what EFT is. Anecdotes are nice, and make for good reading, but they don't actually get to the heart of the matter.

Could it be that EFT is what Arianwen and I do, without really being aware of it, or even consciously trying?

We have a good rapport, and we each can understand most of what the other says. I think that's pretty good for two different species, who live in such different worlds.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Premier Cat

I really think that cats can communicate through principles of sound wave energy that we haven't grasped yet. Like dolphins. Remember E.T.? In the novelization by William Kotzwinkle,when Elliot touches him,he can feel the boy's energy flowing into him. But it doesn't exactly FLOW, like it would from one of E.T.s race -it SEEPS from the human child. What I'm getting at is, to the ordinary human,the incoming is not the problem but rather an intelligible outgoing. ie, we can't recite a sonnet, but, we can do this
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

That's an interesting theory. Cats can hear sounds that are too high for humans to hear. It's suggested by some that's the reason some cats do a "silent meow" -- they're actually making a meow sound they can hear, but is too high for us. The communication by sound doesn't explain how cats know what WE'RE thinking, though.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

For what it's worth, here's my theory.
I think that having a means of communication that doesn't rely on sight or sound would be quite a survival advantage for an animal that is subject to being preyed upon. Thus, evolution may have provided kitties with ESP by allowing more offspring of cats who had that ability to survive. We are sometimes able to pick up the cats' "phone line", and occasionally we happen to "speak" the proper language, so they can understand.
Regardless of the reason behind it, it's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page