Just A Rant - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Just A Rant

Work today was pretty good until word gets around that someone gave up their 14 year old cat. She gave her 14 year old cat up (which she had for all 14 years of its life) because she had gotten a new kitten and they didn't get along.

ARGH! What is the matter with people! Even if it were under different reasoning its still brainless to surrender a 14 year old animal. No one is going to adopt it, no one. Not with all the younger cats it now shares its home with. She's going to be glanced at and then not giving a second thought by people. It would have been kinder just to put the poor thing to sleep then to give her up to the shelter. The poor thing looked so scared and confused in her carrier. The women was told to get out and not dare try to adopt an animal from us ever by one of the staff who was clearly very upset by this.

I can't even come up with words to explain how angry I am at this women. This poor cat, no matter how sweet it is is going to rot in a cage while we, the shelter workers get to watch it. We don't do it to our children so why do it to an animal. Where do people get this idea that they can just toss an animal out of their home when they no longer want it or when it gives them trouble!

-explodes-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Re: Just A Rant

breaks my heart. I would be very upset if I were witness to this. At least you work at the shelter, so you can comfort poor old kitty when you get a spare chance, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page