Cat House on the Kings - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Cat House on the Kings

http://www.cathouseonthekings.com/

I was just wondering if you guys have heard about this wonderful place. It is a no-kill, no-cage lifetime sanctuary/adoption operation. The cats can roam free on the 30 acre land surrounded by cat-proof fence that keeps them safe. There is also a FIV ward, so even the afflicted kitties get to live out their lives. 16 years and 16,000 adoptions so far. Amazing! This woman is truly a saint

Talk about my life dream! I really truly hope to do something like this some day. Me and Andrew will be given a large chunk of the 49 acres of land they own when we graduate school and get our feet in the real world, so perhaps some day far away I can do something like this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 06:58 PM

Re: Cat House on the Kings

Wow what an amazing place and a amazing lady. There are soooo many cats. I have always wanted to do something like that but I am afraid I would get to emotionally attached. I tried volunteering at a shelter and it didn't work. I spent most of my time crying. Though I think with 500-700 cats I would be ok with letting some go.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Premier Cat

Cat House on The Kings is an amazing place. It's heaven for kitties who have no other home.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Cat

I've seen the videos of it, and it's an amazing place... I feel the same way, I've often thought about volunteering at a really good animal rescue group nearby, but I know that I would either spend the whole time crying or bring about 100 kittehs home with me. Sure wish I could grab up about 10 acres, fence it in, and do the same thing by giving cats a safe place to live forever. Andi
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito

If I desperately had to, I would send my kitties there to live. $30 a month up to $2,000 (basically, you pay $30 a month for 5 1/2 years, or you can pay it all up front) is not totally bad, if it's a promise for my kitty to have a good life forever.

I don't even like to think about that though! *hugs kitty so tightly that he squeaks*

Andi- I totally know how you feel about volunteering. I volunteer at the local humane society and end up all sniffly every day. I finally got to bring one of them home, though I wish I could have taken all of them

If I had the time, money, and resources to get some of that land cat-proof fenced in, perhaps someday there will be a Cat Sanctuary in southern WI.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Cat Addict

Wow! What a great place!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page