Kitty plans daring raid of toy cupboard! Uh oh! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Kitty plans daring raid of toy cupboard! Uh oh!

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it!

We have some built-in drawers in the hall, topped by a counter about waist high and set-back cupboards above. We stash stuff like medicines, linens and towels in the cupboards, plus Gracie's expensive favorite toys, like Da Bird and her Cat Catcher mouse-on-a-string. The cupboard doors are kind of stiff and latch with magnets on the inside.

So today I hear a thump in the hall...and I watch Gracie on the counter, getting on her hind legs and reaching up to wrap her paws around the handle of one of the cupboards and dancing back and forth on her hind feet til it pops open, jumping out of the way and then swiping a paw up into the cupboard among the sheets until she snags the end of Da Bird, then jumping down to the floor and snatching at the dangling end of the toy so it falls all the way to the floor....

Needless to say, the toys are now in one of the drawers instead, much to Gracie's consternation. And we don't know whether to think of her as a genius, a rascal or a kitty with too much time on her paws...!

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Banned

Re: Kitty plans daring raid of toy cupboard! Uh oh!

Genius
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

That's hysterical!

Except that Cali can open my cupboards now, too. She climbs up on the stove, then the microwave, opens the spice cabinet and just starts knocking things out of the cupboard, one by one. I even tape it shut, but she knows if she pulls hard enough and long enough, it'll open. Brat. I guess I'll have to go to Home Depot or some place like that to get child-proof things for my cabinets.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

She's all three, a rascal genius kitty with too much time on her paws!

You could give her puzzle toys, too, Fran, but you wouldn't want to develop her mischievous little kitty mind any further.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned

Oh my gosh, that's just hysterical.

My kitties have also learned to open cabinet doors, unfortunately. I didn't believe it at first, totally accused my sister of leaving my cabinets wide open during her visits (she often uses my house as a way-stop between work and her own home); it caused quite a ruckus until we figured out what was happening.

Smart, silly little kitties.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Cat

Oh, yeah... we actually had some of the child locks on our bathroom cupboards at our other house because our kitties would get in there to try to steal rolls of toilet paper to play with. It was pretty funny when people visited and asked why we felt the need to have child locks when our children were 12 years old LOL!

Andi
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Premier Cat

I'm glad to hear all this, because Murphy just this weekend, for the first time, started jumping up on the kitchen cabinets. Marie, the thought of Cali up there knocking spice jars out is really funny (easy for me to say, right?).

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Perhaps she wants to do some cooking?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Premier Cat

Smart Gracie! That is way to funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page