A BUG!!! They do exist! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

A BUG!!! They do exist!

Rotten saw a June bug crawling across our floor last week--VERY exciting moment. Then disaster! It crawled under the doorway into a room she can't go into! Life as we know it is over! She stared at that door for a good ten minutes, trilling every few seconds lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM

Re: A BUG!!! They do exist!

10 minutes? you are lucky your cat has attention deficit disorder

my cats will camp out my kitchen for HOURs hoping to catch a roach;

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned

Bugs are so entertaining:

Mellie likes to catch flies, too, and she's really good at snagging them on the wing. But she doesn't kill them. She mouths them; they get all wet and can't fly; and then she just watches them walk around on the floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:15 PM

Shadow once found a crane fly that was fluttering around near the ceiling and was doing her best "want-want-want" meows. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked her up and held her near the fly - batt at it maybe? But no, her paws shot out, grabbed the fly, and then stuffed it into her mouth before I could blink. Silly, silly human.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Rotten loves hunting, it's her favorite pasttime in the whole world. But she's had to be an indoor cat since we moved to the city (hopefully this is temporary!). I have found the mythical house that has no bugs in it! This is the second bug I've seen in four months here. So this isn't just a bug..it's the LAST BUG ON EARTH as far as she knows. She's perfectly content to rip me to shreds (I have three gashes on my face, countless on my hands, and around a dozen on my feet), but this bug was so enthralling that she never even bit it, she just followed and chirped, sniffing it the whole time it crawled across the floor. She was so happy I love seeing her happy.

That's really cute about your cat grabbing the crane fly and stuffing it in her face lol...I'd like to see that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Cat

Tim - is there an alpha cat in your house? Sure looks that way! Beautiful cats!

Our cat will sit in front of the side door watching the moths on the outside of the screen when the side light is on on warmish nights. And if one gets in...wow, she won't stop at anything to get one. The first time, she squashed it to moth dust on the wall and couldn't figure out what happened to it. She wandered around the family room for an hour looking for it.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Tom Cat

Duchess likes to catch and eat crickets. She will lay in wait for a cricket for hours. When she hears one chirping, under the fridge, or freezer, she will lay down, fold her paws under and wait. After a while I'll go look and viola! No more cricket. One strange thing, she wont eat the back legs. Maybe she thinks there is too much fat on them

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw0829
Tim - is there an alpha cat in your house? Sure looks that way! Beautiful cats!.
Thanks!! And, oh yes -- and though I've posted that several times in several forums, you're the first one to make that remark. So........may I say this: I think you're just the sort of person we'd like to see hang around here on a permanent basis. I have the impression you know something about cats.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Tom Cat

Ahhh bugs....

The best story here was Hubby was out back working in the yard, and all the sudden he heard a smack against the back storm door. He looked up to see Jack's front feet against the glass upon closer inspection he saw a fly between Jack's paw and the glass. In the blink of an eye Jack grabbed it from his paw and stuffed it in his mouth. Hubby said he just stood in the yard laughing hysterically so proud of his little hunter.

Leslie
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Premier Cat

And isn't it funny what they can hear? I swear, I never even hear a sound, and Lucy will wake up from a dead sleep, tv on, and go flying across the room after a beetle crawling on the window!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page